Tuesday 23 May 2023

Poetry???

Yeah, yeah.

Listen!

I hope the National Poetry Competition opens soon, so I can enter my poem. I don't know what my situation will be ... a couple of months from now. The winners won't be announced until March next year, and I definitely don't know what my situation will be then.

Shitshow.

Yeah, my poem ... it is a great poem, man, but that doesn't mean it will win. It all depends on what the judges are looking for. / [I've just given it a final polish - yesterday, like.]

And I'm writing in a pretty traditional way with metre and rhyme and that.

I've used one swear word in the poem, which may or may not be a risk. I don't know. You've got to be brave and write the way you want to, and need to.

If I end up in Cornwall soon - I don't know if I'll have me guitar with me - everything could be a mess, BUT(!) ... I could write all day, every day. I might have forty or fifty poems by next March. Who knows?!

'Your music, Mikey!'

I'm running out of time, Voice. I've still got to record Shady, Dodgy, Shifty. Everything is chaotic!

Maybe I could just promote Mighty Soul ... ??? I don't know, kooks. I really don't know.

Imagine me in Cornwall though ... wandering the cliffs, the beaches, the fields, the lanes. No laptop. A phone, sure, but nowhere to plug in it. 'A coffee shop!' Maybe, Voice. But I won't have money for luxuries like coffee.

I could write for twelve or fourteen hours a day. I mean, I have endless inspiration with my conceptuals. If it's the same with poems ... those forty or fifty poems could all be great.

No filler!
Only killer!

You dig?

I just ... 

Oh, that dream I had on Christmas Day makes sense now. 'What, the poetry battle between Heaney and Yeats, with you playing the Mekhi Phifer character?' That's right, Voice. And that poem was bloody amazing! 'What ... better than Kubla Khan?' You bet your ass better than Kubla Khan - !!! It was awesome.

Every word and line forgotten when I woke up, of course. But that wasn't the point of the dream.

'What was the point?'

The cosmos was telling me - I don't care about Heaney - the cosmos was telling me that if a guy like Yeats wants to spend time with me in a dream like that ...

Well, kooks ... use your imaginations, yeah?

Laters.

Oh ... the main difference between my conceptuals and my poem(s)??? I write the conceptuals for myself with other people being welcome to read them - and spin with them - if they want. But the poem(s) are for ... readers!

'Nice one!'

Okay.

Bye!