Tuesday 13 June 2023

I don't know, man

It will be hard to do both, music and poetry, on the beaches, on the cliffs, without electricity.

Sure, I'll be able to enter my poem in that competition soon, but after that ... it could be difficult, man. Just sending poems to people, you dig? It might be impossible.

'You can still write them, Mikey. Get them ready for the time when you'll be able to do something with them.'

That's true, Voice.

And I will write poems like a man possessed!

'Yeah!'

The music might have to wait though ... years again!

'But the poems, Mikey!'

The poems, Voice ... they will be killers. All of them. I've got the words now. That's why this blog hasn't been a waste of time. It's given me the words.

And that dream from Christmas Day??? That was a cosmic message, for sure!

'What about your astrologer?'

He may have passed by now. I haven't seen him for thirty years. Maybe he sent that dream to me.

'But how did he know?'

About me being fifty-four? No idea. He was a mystic.

'A mystic, obviously.'

It's strange. It's like I'm being pushed in this direction. I have no choice. I really have no choice.

'You have some choice ... for your music.'

Not much now. It's too late.

'Oh.'

Anyway, I'll stop writing about this stuff soon. And then this blog will stop. However, if you're coming to the end of a story, you've got to try and tell the whole story, unless you want to be like Kafka with his castle.

'Kafka with his castle! That's all right!'

Yeah, yeah.

Anyway, that dream, man. Yeats wasn't speaking to me. Just reciting his new great poem, with Heaney looking on in awe. But if he could have spoken ... "Mikey, your musical plans have been messed up by circumstances. But look at me! Poetry, son. That's where the action is. The real immortal action!"

Yes, the real immortal action. He's right.

'You just imagined he said that.'

Yeah, but he's right. He's still right. Yeats will be remembered longer than anything that exists in our rubbish culture today.

I mean, what did Tony Wilson say?

'Yeats was the greatest poet since Dante.'

Yes. Steve Coogan in that film - with Bez! Or the actor playing Bez. Dancing around all over the place, like a true shaman.

It's something to think about.

'What ... Bez?!'

Yeats, idiot.

Bye!