Monday 7 July 2014

Steven Eisman has packed it in ... you know, all that Emrys Partners stuff

Steven, Steve, Stevie ... Oh, it doesn't really matter. / But, yeah, he's had enough. (He wants to go a-roving, no doubt.) I think it's for the best. Steve says it's because the macroeconomic environment has made Emrys' strategy unviable. No, no, no. The truth is, Stevie - like a lot of us, let's be honest - is sick of finance. He's got enough money now. He doesn't need the hassle. 'Who does, boss?' No one, Voice. Getting out of bed at four or five in the morning, dragging yourself to the office, staring at computer screens all day, talking on the phone to annoying, needy investors who really should get a life. What's that all about?! I mean, who needs it?

No one needs it. / I hope Steven has a hobby. (He can't go a-roving every night. The heart must pause to breathe, after all.) If he doesn't, he'll have to get one. Life is long. We should all stay active. I've got my guitar and my songs. If Stevie wants to join my band ...

Imagine no banks, and no hedge funds, it's easy if you try ... Yeah, imagine all the bankers, all the hedgies, sharing all the world ... / A bit like Aviva Investors. They're ahead of their time, that lot. Ice creams in the park. Pints in the pub. Everyone holding hands ... beautiful! They don't give a toss.

I've found a new pub, by the way. There are three down by the river. (I'm not going to that rip-off one no more. Half a glass of ice! Bastards!) There's a nice barmaid. I think she likes me ...

However, whisky and women almost wrecked my life, so ... I'm sticking to the lager.

I don't know if Steve is much of a drinker. Maybe he'll take it up. As long as he's sensible with it ...

I don't want to see Stevie - 'Drinking out of a skull, like Lord Byron?' Exactly! I don't want to see that. 'They wouldn't allow it anyway, Mikey, in his local.' Of course they wouldn't. Unless they're goddamn freaks. / He'll have to be content with a tankard behind the bar. Like in the Legion. 'No! They're psychos!' Not the British Legion, man. They look after your tankard for you.

Oh, probably no posting tomorrow. I've got different fish to fry ... / Laters ...