Wednesday 3 February 2016

Marc Lipschultz? Owl Rock Capital?

Well, well ... / This is exciting news! Marc Lipschultz is a top executive at KKR. Oh, you don't believe me?! Okay ...

Marc Lipschultz (New York) joined KKR in 1995 and is the Global Head of KKR's Energy and Infrastructure business. Mr. Lipschultz currently serves as a member of KKR's Infrastructure Investment Committee and the Energy Investment Committee.

You see? Top guy. Anyway, he'll be leaving KKR soon. 'Why, boss? Have they sacked him?' Don't be ridiculous, Voice! Marc is going to be starting a new private debt fund with his dear friend Doug Ostrover. 'Great! What will they be calling it?' Owl Rock Capital. 'That's interesting.' Yes, it is. What's more, I'm writing a song about it. 'Really?' Yes. I've only got one verse of the lyrics so far, and the tune. See what you think of this -

I remember when rock was young
Me and Dougie had so much fun
Holding hands and running funds
Had an old gold Chevy and a firm of my own
But the biggest kick I ever got
Was doing a thing called the Owl, er, Rock
While the other kids were rocking round the clock
We were hopping and bopping to the Owl, uh, Rock


'Er ...' What do you think, man? 'Well, it's all right. Nice melody.' I haven't finished it yet, Voice. Obviously, it needs some work. It's from the point of view of Mr Lipschultz, when he's retired one day, yeah? 'Oh, it's good. Yeah.'

...

Anything else? Not really. Well ... / On a more serious note, I've got to learn the lyrics to my new proper song. I keep forgetting them.

(Most of) ... this year I'm going to see if I can write a song a week. The latest one was written in eight days. I was pissing about for months with the other songs. / I want to get myself in a dominant position. It's no good writing a few great songs. I need loads of them, man! So no one can fuck with me, you dig? Oh, you understand ...