Monday 1 February 2016

Samantha Greenberg is starting her own hedge fund!

Well, well ... / Our Samantha has just left Paulson & Co. where she was a partner and sector head. There aren't too many women running their own hedge funds, so - 'What's the name of the firm, boss?' It doesn't have a name yet, Voice. 'Oh, I see.' Don't be like that, man. 'When will it be launched?' Christ! Will you give Ms Greenberg a chance?! She only left Paulson & Co. last Friday. These things take time.

I've been looking at her LinkedIn profile, dear reader(s) ... her picture. Our Sam looks absolutely lovely, so I hope she's successful with this new fund of hers. 'Eh?! That's a bit sexist, isn't it, boss?!' Don't be ridiculous, Voice. Some women are lovely, and some ain't. I think we're allowed to say. 'No, you're not! You're not allowed to say it.' Bloody hell! You can't say anything these days. We've got the bloody Thought Police after us!

Oh, reader(s), have a read of this - Samantha received her MBA from Stanford University's Graduate School of Business, and graduated Summa Cum Laude from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania with a BS in Economics and dual concentration in Finance and Strategic Management. Well, she certainly knows a thing or two. 'Ha! More than you!' Shut it, you slag! I know all mystical stuff, son, yeah? I went to the University of Life and the University of Death. You have to put your soul on the line to learn what I fucking know. 'All right. All right. Sorry. You're so sensitive, Mikey.'

Ah, that's enough.

...

Anything else? Music? I'm listening to The Jesus and Mary Chain, Darklands. / I've finished reading that Alan McGee book. The funniest section is the bit about his time managing The Libertines. Especially the time they stayed at his house in Wales: At quarter to ten the next morning, I was sitting in the lounge talking to the office when Carl came in. For about five seconds I thought he was wearing a Halloween mask, that it was a practical joke. And suddenly I realized that he wasn't wearing a mask, that it was his actual face. His face was completely covered in dried blood, but what really shocked me was that one of his eyes was hanging completely out of the socket. / Rock and roll, eh?

Pop? Er, my music? Well, I've nearly finished my new song, man. All the music is done - as you know - but I also have most of the lyric now. I just need the bridge.