Wednesday 21 March 2012

I need Andrew Loog Oldham to lock me in a kitchen

Yes, I'm writing about music again. You can sue me if you don't like it. I'll be writing about finance this afternoon, hedge funds and shit. But right now I'm writing about music because the sun is shining for the second day in a row and I'm feeling rather happy and I don't want money to bring me down, man.

I've been thinking I might have to leave my Gilly Marie song off the demo. I know I described it as a classic in previous posts, but it's what I would call a simple classic, like Louie, Louie. Meaning it sounds good but doesn't display any great songwriting skill. My latest songs are far more melodic. So I might need a new piece of music to match the other two. And I've still got to finish those lyrics. Where the hell is Andrew Loog Oldham when you need him? I don't want to spend the rest of my life mucking about like this. 'Let's see some action, Mikey!' Exactly. Thank you. I couldn't have put it better myself.