Tuesday 13 February 2018

Hunter Street Partners

What's that?! ... you may be wondering, dear reader(s). Well, wonder no more, because I can tell you that it's actually a new firm. This is from its website -

Hunter Street Partners is a Minneapolis-based alternative investment management firm focused on fundamentals-driven, asset-oriented credit and equity opportunities across corporate finance, real estate, and specialty finance.

You see? Uh ... I'm not actually sure the website is working properly. 'Maybe there's something wrong with your computer, boss.' There's nothing wrong with my computer, Voice. 'Oh.' I just think, you know, it's a new firm, with a new website, so ... 'Well, what's the problem?' I clicked on a couple of links, man, and they didn't lead anywhere. 'Oh.' They're obviously still setting the thing up. It's no big deal. I don't even know why I'm writing about it.

Anyway, uh ... Neal Johnson seems to be the boss/founder. And he has some partners. 'He's the CEO and CIO.' Okay. Thanks. That's nice. He used to be at Varde Partners, by the way. Of course, in a situation like this, it's always a good idea to find out what Bloomberg says about the boss. 'Is that wise, Mikey?' Boss. 'Is that wise, boss?' Er ... we haven't been to Bloomberg for ages, man. Maybe they've changed their way of working. Maybe they've got a clue now. 'Ha! I wouldn't count on it.' Okay, okay. Well, let's take a look, shall we? This is what Bloomberg says about our Neal -

This person is connected to 0 Board Member in 0 organization across 1 different industries.

Ah, shit! 'Ha, ha, ha! I told you, son. Those freaks will never change.' Yeah, yeah. I just thought ... 'What did you think?' Nothing. Nothing at all.

...

Okay. Anything else? Music? Well, I've been thinking that the obvious solution to not having enough material for concerts is to do lots of covers. If the songs are chosen carefully, it could be quite good. Where Did You Sleep Last Night? by Lead Belly, Mystery Train by Elvis Presley, and Concrete Jungle by Bob Marley are three songs I'd like to do. The Beatles and Bob Dylan did loads of covers in concert in their early days.

Right. Bye, for now. 'Laters!' Yeah.