Thursday 18 March 2021

Annie answers questions!

Well, that's all right, ain't it?

Annie! I've decided to buy an electro acoustic guitar with laminated back and sides, rather than a more expensive one made out of solid wood. It's much easier to look after a laminated guitar, and Ed Sheeran uses one, so - 'What's the point you're making, boss? What's the bloody question?!' Christ!

Annie, have I made the right decision? I mean, it's a good guitar. A Yamaha.

The shares you choose to invest in will depend on various factors, including the level of risk you're willing to take, the overall market climate, and much more. Before you do buy (or short) any shares, you'll want to do your homework on both the company and the industry at large,

For example, if you see ABC Manufacturers' stock price is up this year, before buying in, you may want to look at how their performance stacks up against competitors like XYZ Manufacturers or view their most recent quarterly report.

There are always opportunities in the market to suit every budget and experience level, but much like picking the winning lottery numbers, there is no winning formula for what to invest in, or when.

Eh? What the fuc - ?! 'Boss, she answers finance questions, yeah?' Oh, but ... I didn't ask about shares, Voice. 'Well, someone obviously did.' Who? Who asked?! This is an outrage! In my blog, of all places! 'Yeah, a finance blog. / Look - !'

Hi Michael,

I was wondering if you'd be interested in the latest comments from ETX Capital, answering the nation's most commonly searched finance questions.

ETX Capital used Google search data to reveal the most frequently searched questions relating to key savings and investments categories in 2020. Content Manager, Annie Charalambous, has then answered the most common questions, to help readers make more informed decisions with their money.

Oh, okay. Where's that from? 'It's from the PR email you didn't read properly.' Oh. That's your job, anyway. 'Is it? Is it really?'

Okay, okay ...

What are bonds? (8,100 monthly searches)

A bond represents a loan, typically given to a body like a government or large company, by an investor. Governments may opt to issue bonds to raise money, and then agree to buy these bonds back at a later (agreed-upon) 'maturity' date. Bonds are considered a low-risk investment and can be a good way to diversify your portfolio with minimal exposure.

What is an ETF? (6,600 monthly searches)

ETFs, or 'Exchange-Traded Funds', are an asset type similar to index funds, in that they comprise of different stocks - usually representative of a particular sector - and are typically managed by larger companies (Vanguard, iShares, etc.). However, index funds are connected to exchanges and correlate more with that country's economy and stock market.

What is a hedge fund? (5,400 monthly searches)

A hedge fund is an aggregated pool of money from different investors that is managed by an institution or individual. The hedge fund manager closely monitors the investment and is able to react and adjust accordingly (as per their strategy).

Yeah, yeah. Okay, okay. That's enough. I'm not doing any more UNLESS ... Annie wants to answer some of my questions.

Should I order the guitar online or wait four weeks until the shop opens? 'What shop?' The Yamaha shop in Wardour Street.

Life and Death will be my best song. I've decided to leave it off the new demo. What do you think? 'What does she think about what, Mikey?' Is that the right decision, Voice? If I can't get a deal with those other four songs I've chosen ... the music business will be a shitshow in my eyes anyway. 'Okay.'

Annie, is it a good idea to finish my BIG TEN of world-beaters before I start promoting my music? My thinking is ... it will give me an advantage right at the start of my career that no one will ever be able to catch up with.

Annie?

Come on, love.

'She's not interested, boss.'

Oh, I see. It's like that, is it?

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS