Monday 22 March 2021

Hi Michael, I hope you're well

Yeah, yeah. Get on with it, son.

I want to let you know that my client Giles Coghlan, Chief Currency Analyst at HYCM, is available over the coming fortnight for phone interviews and written comments on the latest financial trends.

Man! Jesus! 'Boss, does this Giles character have a problem with music? This is a music blog.' I know, Voice. I know.

Anyway ...

Giles is happy to speak on the following issues:

Oh, I bet he is! 'Give him a chance.' Okay, okay. I'll give him a chance ...

The impact of the US stimulus bill on the economy - will it prevent a stock market crash?

With recent GME/AMC price gains, are hype stocks here to stay? What does this mean for the future of the retail investors?

Move over gold - why BTC is set to become the new "digital gold".

Are negative interest rates still on the horizon? Should investors be worried?

US bond yields are rising - will this also lead to a rising USD? 

I don't know the answers. Why is he asking me?! Giles is the expert, not me. 'He just wants to know if you want to know, you know?' Eh?

I don't know.

I really don't  know.

ENDS like you won't believe!

...

Anything else? Music?

Being realistic, for a change ... I probably won't be able to get my BIG TEN anytime soon.

The best thing would be to finish Life and Death ... and then record the demo.

That would give me this album -

This World Don't Mean a Thing*
Lucky You
Round The Bend
What's This Life We Live?*
And Rain Came Down
I Want Everything
Good Times
Stella*
Malibu*
I'm Right Inside
Nothing*
Life and Death*

With two spare songs, Babe and Love Me.

The album will have six so-called world-beaters*. / As far as I'm concerned, there are only eighteen in existence by other artists ...

A Day In The Life
Let It Be
Hey Jude
Yesterday
Imagine
Live Forever
Wonderwall
Don't Look Back In Anger
Like a Rolling Stone
Bridge Over Troubled Water
Your Song
Stairway To Heaven
Hotel California
One
Smells Like Teen Spirit
Back To Black
Purple Rain
Angels

Oh, in no particular order. But Angels is my favourite, and I think Live Forever is the best of that lot.

Regular readers might notice I've added Back To Black and Purple Rain. Amy and Prince deserve it!

I don't particularly like Bridge Over Troubled Water and Stairway To Heaven, but I am actually trying to be objective, you dig?

There are other songs that nearly get on the list ...

But why no Bohemian Rhapsody ... ? It's a diabolical song. That's why.

Laters.