Wednesday 31 March 2021

Refinitiv Lipper: European fund flow report - February 2021

Is he a bit later than usual, Voice? 'Who?!' Detlef. 'Our Detlef?' Yes. 'Yes, boss.' Why?! 'I don't know. Maybe he's been on holiday.' Christ.

I haven't been on holiday!

Anyway ...

Please see attached for the February European fund flow industry report from the Refinitiv Lipper team:

Yeah, yeah.

Long-term mutual funds posted strong net inflows for February 2021.
The overall fund flows for mutual funds and ETFs in Europe in February amounted to estimated net inflows of €29.3 bn.
Equity funds (+€50.0 bn) were the best-selling individual asset type overall for February.
Equity Global (+€17.2 bn) was once again the best-selling sector among long-term funds for February.
Hard To Explain.
Luxembourg (+€21.9 bn) was the fund domicile with the highest net inflows, followed by Ireland (+€11.2 bn) and Switzerland (+€2.9 bn).
State Street (+€7.0 bn) was the best-selling fund promoter in Europe for February, ahead of BlackRock (+€6.0 bn) and Credit Suisse Group (+€3.0 bn).

Fine.

Let's see if Detlef can make any sense out of it ...
 
Detlef Glow, Head of EMEA Research at Refinitiv Lipper, comments: "Despite the deteriorating situation with regard to The Thing in some parts of Europe, February 2021 was another positive month for the European fund industry since the promoters of mutual funds (+€11.8 bn) and ETFs (+€17.5 bn) enjoyed inflows."

Oh.

"The level of the overall flows was skewed by outflows from money market funds as investors in Europe returned to risk-on mode in February. At a closer look, investors bought into risky assets as long-term funds enjoyed estimated net inflows of €88.1 bn, while money market products faced estimated outflows of €58.8 bn."

Fair enough.

Thanks, Detlef!

ENDS

...

Anything else?

A few simple rules? It's not going to work. 'Oh, what! Why not, Mikey?!' Because it leaves me with too much free time on my hands, and I don't want the devil making work for me. 'Okay.'

And I've got too much to do, and too much mess to get out of. It's just the way things are for me, man.

Music? My music? Well, I have some good news. If I neglect my playing for a while, and then do a couple of days of, say ... two or three hours a day - proper rehearsing! - I'm able to get right back to the "professional" level I want and need. 'Yippee!' So, that's something, ain't it?

Listen! I've got to get my BIG TEN soon. I want to call myself The Greatest Ever Songwriter, and I can't do that with a BIG FIVE plus, uh ... a BIG TWO that don't have lyrics yet. Do you know what I mean? And I refuse to pad the list out with "weak" songs like And Rain Came Down and Good Times. 'Other artists do that - in your imagination, like.' Ha! Yes, in my imagination, Voice.

I mean, all this BIG TEN stuff ... It's all in my imagination. But that's how I motivate myself. Don't judge me, kook(s)!

Laters.