Tuesday 2 March 2021

They are writing to inform me

Me! ... of all people. 'What's this, boss?' PR email, Voice.

I am writing to inform you that TMF Group, a leading provider of critical compliance and administrative services, has appointed Paul Adamiak as Commercial Director for Fund Services. Paul will start in his position today, on 1 March 2021.

So, uh ... 'Today?! They've got it wrong. Paul started yesterday!' Yeah. I received the email yesterday, idiot. Why do I pay you? 'Er ...'

Anyway ...

Please find attached below the press release and his picture.

I don't want his picture! I mean, I'm sure he's lovely and all that, but ... never mind.

['Are you sure he's lovely?' Not really.]

TMF GROUP APPOINTS PAUL ADAMIAK AS COMMERCIAL DIRECTOR FOR FUND SERVICES

Okay, okay! Don't shout! Jesus!

London - Sydney, 01/03/2021. TMF Group, a leading provider of critical compliance and administrative services, has appointed Paul Adamiak as Commercial Director for Fund Services. Paul will start in his position today, on 1 March 2021.

Er ... 'Why are they calling you Sydney?' I don't know, Voice. 'Maybe they sent you the email by mistake.' Ha! I don't know.

Anyway ...

Previously at TMF Group from 2008 to 2019, Paul's new role will see him focus on scaling up TMF Group's service offering to Australian and offshore asset managers and institutions investing in Australian real assets.

Paul is a qualified Chartered Accountant, with broad financial services industry experience. During his previous 11-year stint at TMF Group, Paul was an associate director in the global fund services business line. He held various sales, operations and product development roles, having spent his first 8 years in Amsterdam as a team leader overseeing client services and relationship management. In 2017, he returned home to Sydney to support the development of private equity & real estate administration services. Prior to returning to TMF Group, Paul was responsible for new businesses at Evolution Trustees, an Australian professional trustee.

Fine. But who does Paul report to, and what does this character make of Paul, our Paul? That's the question. 'Two questions.' Yes. That's the two questions.

Paul will report to Andrew O'Shea, Global Head of Fund Services, who comments: "Paul's previous experience at TMF Group showed what a great professional he is. Working with the Commercial Team, I expect him to have an immediate impact on how we approach clients. I look forward to working with him in this new role. It is exciting to have him back on our team."

Wow! 'He loves Paul, boss!' I know, I know. Amazing!

Paul? Come on, son!

Paul states: "TMF Group was my home for 11 years, and a place where I learned a lot. It feels good to be back here as part of the Fund Services team and to be able to contribute once again to this great company. The Fund Services team is well equipped to go above and beyond and I want to help our clients see why we are the best choice when it comes to dealing with their investments."

Oh, okay.

ENDS

...

Anything else? Music?

As far as I'm concerned, The Stone Roses were able to make a legendary career out of just seventeen songs ...

Elephant Stone
Going Down
Standing Here
Mersey Paradise
Where Angels Play
I Wanna Be Adored
She Bangs The Drums
Waterfall
Bye Bye Badman
Sugar Spun Sister
Made Of Stone
Shoot You Down
This Is The One
I Am The Resurrection
Fools Gold
What The World Is Waiting For
Something's Burning

I actually think it's a shame that all their other songs exist, but never mind.

These eight songs will support my BIG TEN ...

Babe
And Rain Came Down
Good Times
I'm Right Inside
Love Me
Lucky You
Round The Bend
I Want Everything

I might be laughing soon, if I get those new songs ...

I woke up angry this morning. I calmed down though after playing This World Don't Mean a Thing and Nothing on my guitar.

As good as Babe and, and ... And Rain Came Down are ... they wouldn't have calmed me down.

It's important that I finish my BIG TEN.