Wednesday 16 June 2021

152 of the 353 ETFs launched in 2020 had an ESG-related investment objective

Who says?! 'Who?!' Oh - who?!

[ESG - environmental, social and governance.]

Well, Refinitiv Lipper and our Detlef say. We have to take it seriously, kook(s).

Yes, PR email ...

This market study of the European ETF industry shall provide the reader with an in-depth analysis of the ETF ecosystem in Europe and deliver the market intelligence needed to make educated decisions within a constantly changing market environment in which ETFs have become a household product for European investors.

Er ... what market study? 'The one they're talking about, boss.' Okay, Voice. You seem to know all about it. Tell us more ...

Silence.

Never mind.

Let's continue with the email ...

The study covers:

A detailed overview of the concentration of assets under management and fund flows in the European ETF industry
An analysis of the usage of the different replication methodologies
A review of Ireland and Luxembourg as ETF domiciles
A detailed analysis of the Total Expense Ratios (TERs) from different angles
A review of ETF launches and closures over time in Europe
An analysis of the rise of ESG within the European ETF industry
A brief outlook for the European ETF industry

Er ...

'I think you're supposed to take a look at the PDF attachment, boss.'

Ha, ha, ha! I haven't got time for that!

No, no, no.

Let's hear from our Detlef ...

Detlef Glow, Head of EMEA Research at Refinitiv Lipper, comments: "The European ETF industry is highly competitive, and the promoters have to do their best to adopt to the changing market environment and to fulfil the needs of investors who are looking for tools to implement their asset allocation views as exactly as possible within their portfolios.

"That said, the success of the European ETF industry may also urge active managers to launch ETFs sooner rather than later, especially as the regulatory requirement to disclose the ETF portfolio on a daily basis might be eased in the near future."

That's all we need! We don't need market studies in PDF form. All we need is Detlef and his great knowledge. 'And wisdom!' No, I'm the one with the wisdom, Voice.

I'm the world's foremost financial shaman.

ENDS

Oh, by the way, Lucky has sent me another Keensight PR thing in a PDF attachment. I mean ...

Do you know what I mean?

I might take a look at it next week.

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS

...

Anything else?

I was watching a YouTube video yesterday where Noel Gallagher was saying that there won't be anything as big as Oasis again because of the internet and smartphones.

Well, he's right, and he's wrong.

No great band or artist will ever capture the world's full attention again ...

UNLESS

They do exactly what Jack Malik did in the film Yesterday ...

Which is ...

Write the greatest songs ever, and a lot of them.

[He stole them from The Beatles, of course.]

And I'm thinking ...

If I were thirty years younger, I wouldn't be pushing myself to write those greatest songs ever ...

BECAUSE

Can you guess?

I wouldn't need to.

You dig?

I only need those songs because I'm old now and it's the only way to get a deal or fucking die in the sea.

Or maybe on the beach.

We go home in Persian ships, or we die.

DOES ANYONE UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT - ?!

Ah, laters.