Tuesday 22 June 2021

Refinitiv Lipper: European ETF market report - May 2021

Okay, okay. PR email from Detlef and the gang. 'Great!' Yes, Voice.

Anyway ...

ETF promoters in Europe experienced estimated net inflows of €12.7 bn for May.
Assets under management in the European ETF industry hit a new all-time high (€1,144.6 bn) at the end of May 2021.
Equity ETFs (+€8.5 bn) posted the highest estimated net inflows in the European ETF industry for May.
The best-selling Lipper global classification for May was Equity Global (+€2.5 bn), followed by Equity US (+€1.9 bn) and Equity Japan (+€0.9 bn).
iShares was the best-selling ETF promoter in Europe for May (+€5.2 bn), ahead of Xtrackers (+€2.0 bn) and Vanguard Group (+€1.2 bn).
The 10 best-selling funds gathered total net inflows of €5.1 bn for May.
The best-selling ETF for May, UBS LFS MSCI Japan UCITS ETF (JPY) A-acc, accounted for net inflows of €0.9 bn.

Right. Come on, Detlef.

Detlef Glow, Head of EMEA Research at Refinitiv Lipper, comments: "May 2021 marked the fourteenth consecutive month with inflows into ETFs after the outflows caused by the outbreak of The Thing in March 2020. These inflows occurred in a positive but volatile market environment in which investor sentiment was still impacted by the dynamics of The Thing and the resulting actions taken by central banks and governments in Europe and other parts of the world."

Thanks, son.

ENDS

'ENDS?! ENDS?! ENDS?!'

What's your problem, Voice?

'We've only had one paragraph from our Detlef, boss.' Well ... he's not very talkative today, man. 'Is he upset about something?' I don't think so. 'Maybe he's got his mind on his summer holiday.' Maybe. 'Where's he going?' I don't know! Christ.

...

Anything else? Music?

Over the last couple of weeks I've written about twenty choruses for my new 70 percent of tune. I finally got the right one last night. It's given me a lot of trouble, but I suppose it's worth it. I mean, you know I'm only interested in so-called world-beaters at the moment.

It's a really big rock song. [Bigger than Mighty Soul, actually, but not as good, no.] 

So, I need two more tunes for my BIG TEN. I want one of them to be a ballad. Most world-beaters are ballads, but I seem to be bucking the trend lately.

And, uh ... three lyrics? 'Yes, three.' Okay. Plus two more, of course. 'Eh?' Once I've got the two new tunes.

Bye.