Thursday 24 June 2021

Refinitiv Lipper: European fund flow report - May 2021

Okay, okay. PR email from Detlef and the Refinitiv Lipper team.

Here we go!

Long-term mutual funds posted net inflows for May 2021.
The overall fund flows for mutual funds and ETFs in Europe in May amounted to estimated net inflows of €32.6 bn.
Mixed-assets funds (+€15.1 bn) were the best-selling asset type overall for May 2021.
Equity Global (+€6.3 bn) was once again the best-selling sector among long-term funds.
Ireland (+€18.5 bn) was the fund domicile with the highest net inflows, followed by Luxembourg (+€14.4 bn) and Switzerland (+€3.7 bn).
BlackRock (+€13.0 bn) was the best-selling fund promoter in Europe for May, ahead of Fidelity International (+€2.3 bn) and Union Investment (+€2.2 bn).

And what does Detlef say?

Detlef Glow, Head of EMEA Research at Refinitiv Lipper, comments: "European investors were in a mixed mood over the course of May, even as The Thing in Europe has continued easing up further. Within this environment, May 2021 was another positive month for the European fund industry since promoters of mutual funds (+€19.9 bn) and ETFs (+€12.7 bn) enjoyed inflows. The overall flow pattern in Europe showed that investors continued to be in risk-on mode in May. In more detail, investors bought further into risky assets such as long-term funds (+€38.4 bn), while money market products (-€5.8 bn) faced estimated net outflows. In line with the general flow pattern, Equity Global (+€6.3 bn) was the best-selling classification for the month."

Thanks, Detlef!

ENDS

...

Anything else?

I don't know. I can't think of much.

I'm a bit tired, actually. Yeah, I walked to Richmond earlier. And back. I might cut that out, man. It's too much, you dig? Maybe I should stick to the park. And the river by Kew Bridge.

Ah, fitness.

I've started doing push-ups. Twenty or thirty a day.

Listen! If I can lose two more pounds, I'll be at my lowest weight since ... 2008 or something. And remember: I've been putting on muscle weight. 'Yippee! You'll be ready for a title shot soon, boss.' Ha!

[I wondered where the Voice was, but here he is now.]

Okay, okay. 'Okay.'

I'm listening to The Beatles White Album. I like Revolution 9. I don't think it should have been left off the album - like some wanted.

However, I'm still gutted that Strawberry Fields Forever and Penny Lane were not put on the Sgt Pepper album. Never mind, eh?

I'm drinking tea.