Thursday 17 June 2021

France beats Britain to ...

What? What?! 'Are we talking about the football, boss?' No, Voice.

France beats Britain to top destination for investment, is India the key to a gold finish?

'Oh, okay.'

Yeah, yeah.

Last post of the week. A PR email, but ... 'You're not in the mood, are you?' Is it that obvious? 'Yeah.'

Never mind.

Hi Michael,

The UK is the second most common destination for foreign direct investment (FDI) in Europe, a report from Ernst & Young has said. London did regain its standing as the most popular European city after being overtaken by Paris the year before, but lost the top national spot again to France. In total, the UK obtained 975 projects last year compared to 930 in Germany but ten behind France and 12 per cent down on 2019's figures.

Okay. Tell us more.

As to be expected, the US remains the UK's biggest source of foreign investment, but perhaps more interestingly, the UK is also the most popular global location for Indian FDI; securing more than 50% of the projects they generate in Europe. As the sixth largest economy in the world, due to be the third biggest by 2031, Britain is set to continue benefitting from India's emergence as an economic powerhouse - which is particularly vital after leaving the European single market. It is no wonder that a free trade agreement between the two countries is a priority for both Government's.

Okay. Well, thanks for that, Dominic. It's just ... you know?

It's very humid today. I hate it.

...

Anything else?

Cornwall? When I see available rooms, I check the reviews on Tripadvisor, and ... well, maybe you can guess, dear reader(s).

These B&Bs and hotels have shocking reviews with stains on bedsheets, windows nailed shut, broken furniture, leaky taps, and Christ knows what else.

It's all very grim.

My usual place in St Ives has gone out of business. That was a nice place. All the nice places are booked up.

...

Music? I thought had a chorus earlier for my latest 70 percent of tune, but I'm not so sure now.

I wish I could do music all the time.

I still think two hundred songs is a good target for a whole career.

Ten songs a year? Maybe.

...

Muscles? I might have more than I need ... ?

No, no. I think I'm okay, actually. I'm not gay or anything, but I've been looking at some pictures of Steve McQueen with his shirt off.

Everything's going to be all right.

I won't end up like The Incredible Hulk.

I mean, you can take it too far, can't you?

...

Bye.