Tuesday 29 June 2021

Oh, I've got PR emails

Yeah, yeah. Yes.

There's no need for you to worry about that. If - for some bizarre reason - you are worried. I don't know what goes on in your head, do I?

Listen! I'll do one tomorrow, and Thursday. 'Tomorrow never comes, boss. Thursday never comes.' Don't be an idiot, Voice.

It's a sad fact of life, reader(s), you can't get the staff ... unless you're willing to pay them wages. What a world!

...

Right. Music?

I wrote the chorus lyric for Mighty Soul last night. I'm very pleased with it. I wrote it the same way I write my conceptuals. I threw some words and ideas in*, and then played with them until something worked. Why I haven't done this before now is anyone's guess. But never, never mind, eh?

There are so many great songs from the past, man. I've been listening to Save A Prayer by Duran Duran.

If someone released a new song like that today, it would be shocking. However, great songs were a part of everyday life in the old days.

Sixties, Seventies, Eighties, Nineties.

Where did all the good times go?

Mighty Soul will be shocking. 'You've got to finish it first.' Yeah, yeah.

Three verses, and a pre-chorus. No problem! I'll do it the conceptual way.

...

Okay, okay. I don't know what else to write about. Let me take a look at one of those emails ...

Record-levels of international equity to boost Britain's small businesses.

Really?

Gaurav Singh, founder of JPIN VCATS, the largest UK-India investment corridor, is keen to discuss:

No, no, no. I don't want to discuss anything. 'Give him a chance, boss, for Christ's sake!'

Bloody hell! I'll quote him from the email ...

"These figures show that Britain has had a great year, despite everything, and that it is still seen as a world-leading place to do business. These investment figures will surely translate into an economic boost, whether that's for Britain's unicorn startups or small businesses.

"This is of course good news for the businesses and investors looking for symbiotic relationships, but also shows the strength and value of the British-Indian relationship - as the UK receives over half of all Indian investment."

Well, all right.

Thank you, Gaurav.

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS


*With no fear.