Monday 30 August 2021

Believe it or not (part two)

Music?

Okay, okay. I don't mind. It's your funeral. I suppose I could write about music ... for one last time.

Mighty Soul ... ? I might put it on the demo after all. I've made a better recording of it where I connect with the words more. That's the problem with singing a gibberish dummy lyric for months. Never mind. You live and learn, don't you?

I'm still going after my BIG TEN. It's the only course of action that makes sense to me at the moment. I've been watching unsigned artists on YouTube again. Some of them have very good songs. HOWEVER(!) ... you know how it is, my kooks. Very good isn't good enough.

Oh, by the way, "world-beaters" ... ? Listen! One person's world-beater could be another person's ... great-ish song. I mean, some people think that Bohemian Rhapsody is the greatest song ever. I think it's diabolical.

The important thing is that I eventually get myself a BIG TEN to match [surpass!] The Beatles, Oasis, and U2.

Oh, that U2 list I made a while back? For some bizarre reason, I left New Year's Day off it. Here's the updated BIG TEN -

One
Beautiful Day
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
The Unforgettable Fire
New Year's Day
Pride (In The Name of Love)
With Or Without You
Where The Streets Have No Name
Staring At The Sun
Mysterious Ways

And here's my, uh ... BIG SEVEN -

Mighty Soul
Life and Death
Nothing
This World Don't Mean a Thing
Malibu
Stella
What's This Life We Live?

Anyway ...

Man, I've got a lot of rehearsing to do because I still want to improve my performing.

If I can't launch my demo in October or November, I'll probably have to wait until early next year. I want to try and avoid that.

Oh, here's that Beatles BIG TEN again -

A Day In The Life
Let It Be
Hey Jude
Yesterday
Strawberry Fields Forever
I Am The Walrus
The Long and Winding Road
Eleanor Rigby
Something
Penny Lane

And the Oasis one -

Live Forever
Wonderwall
Don't Look Back In Anger
Slide Away
Champagne Supernova
Stop Crying Your Heart Out
Talk Tonight
Stand By Me
Whatever
The Masterplan

And, uh ... if I wanted a  BIG TEN now for myself, I would add -

Good Times
And Rain Came Down
Babe

You know, if I were desperate, like. But I'm sure I'll be able to write some better songs than those three soon.

Well, that's it, pop fan(s). That's your lot.

Bye!