Tuesday 17 August 2021

Oh, I've got a PR email from Detlef and the gang, BUT(!) ...

I'll do it tomorrow.

I'm not in the mood for finance today. 'Boss.' What, Voice? 'Will you be in the mood for finance tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow?' Christ! Ask me tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, you dig? Just leave me alone today.

And no one is suggesting that Detlef is an idiot. 'I wasn't suggesting that.' Good!

Anyway ...

I've got to memorize the words for Mighty Soul, man. I mean, I can't record it while reading the lyric sheet.

I just wonder if I'll be able to memorize the words for all of my songs ...

I've forgotten how to play a few of them, but I have recordings, so it will be easy to learn them again.

Others I can play and sing in my sleep because I've rehearsed them so much.

It must be a nightmare having hundreds of songs to remember. That's the downside of being prolific.

Anyway ...

Fresh starts? Don't talk to me about fresh starts. There's always some sort of chaos in my life that derails me. Why can't I be like our lovely iron man, Elon Musk?

Never mind. The good news is ... all my songs, and playing and singing skills have come out of the chaos over the last few years.

There are no fresh starts. There's just life. That's it. Deal with it!

Francis Bacon believed that art came out of chaos. That's why his studio was such an awful mess.

Anyway ...

I'm wondering if I should buy the audiobook for my favourite novel, The Great Gatsby. It's a bit expensive at £15. 'There are cheaper ones for £3 or £4, boss.' Yes, there are. Listen to the free samples. They're bloody awful!

I wish there were an audiobook for Bez's Freaky Dancin'. That would be awesome!

Anyway ...

I reckon I'll have a BIG EIGHT of songs by the end of August. Just two lyrics to write!

The BIG TEN is my Holy Grail, kook(s) - as you know. It will change me. Alchemy, you dig? I'll walk around glowing or something. You wait and see.

Laters!