Wednesday 11 August 2021

Mighty Soul

Yeah, I've finished it, man. ['Yippee!' Thanks, Voice.]

I wrote the three verses the way I write my conceptuals ... without fear!

The chorus and pre-chorus words took longer to write because - oh, I think - the concept was still forming in my mind.

Anyway ...

It used to worry me that certain words and rhymes would turn up in more than one song, BUT(!) I don't worry about it now. Firstly, I see my lyrics as being connected ... like the conceptuals, you dig? Secondly, I have two books of Beatles and Dylan lyrics, and those guys always did it. They were very prolific songwriters, so it probably couldn't be avoided in their cases.

I need two more lyrics for a BIG EIGHT. After I've got my BIG TEN, I'll try to be more prolific myself for a while, with smaller songs, like.

Actually, songs like Lucky You, Round The Bend, Love Me ... are just as good as "regular" great songs like, uh ... Norwegian Wood, or ... Maggie's Farm, or ... Taxman.

You know why I need the BIG TEN though, kook(s) ... don't you??? Yes.

Anyway ...

I'll have to rehearse Mighty Soul a lot. It will feel strange singing the proper words after singing gibberish for months.

The demo? I'll probably try recording it in September, when the nights are cooler and darker and there are less people on the streets.

Mighty Soul
Stella
Malibu
Nothing

The best combination of songs!

Life and Death ... ? That's the next lyric I've got to write.

And there's the other tune which has no title or concept or anything yet.

'And the other tune.' Oh, the other other tune ... I've decided it's not world-beater quality, so I'm not in any rush to finish that song.

I need two more tunes! Big tunes!

'All these tunes, Mikey. All these words. I'm confused!'

Ha, ha, ha!

Never, never, never ... mind, you dig? 'Yes.' Great!

Anyway ...

See you later with No. 925. Dizzy words!

'Bye!'