Monday 9 August 2021

Refinitiv Lipper: European fund industry review - H1 2021

Yeah, okay. I don't mind. 'It's all right, boss.' Yes, it's all right, Voice. I'd rather get a PR email from Detlef and the gang than anyone else. 'Why?!' I've grown attached to them. I've grown attached to our Detlef. 'So have I!' Yeah, yeah.

What happened to those Coutts? 'Pardon?' What happened to Coutts? 'Oh. I don't know.' What happened to that guy with the parcels? 'Ha!'

Never, never, never, never, never, never ... mind, eh?

Anyway ...

The European fund industry enjoyed estimated overall net inflows of €302.4 bn for the first half of 2021.
Equity funds (+€212.6 bn) was the asset type with the highest estimated net inflows overall for H1 2021.
Long-term active products enjoyed higher inflows than their passive peers.
Equity Global (+€100.0 bn) was the best-selling sector for H1 2021 overall.
BlackRock (+€65.3 bn) was the best-selling fund promoter over the course of H1 2021.
Equity funds witnessed the highest activity of fund promoters with regard to fund closures and launches.

And what does this all mean?

Detlef Glow, Head of EMEA Research at Refinitiv Lipper, comments: "It was no surprise that the European fund industry's positive flow trend continued in the second quarter of 2021 since The Thing in Europe was easing further. As a result, European investors continued to be in risk-on mode and the overall flow pattern in Europe normalized further.

"Within this environment the assets under management in the European fund industry rose from €12.3 tr (as of December 31, 2020) to €14.3 tr at the end of Q2 2021. While ETFs held €1.2 tr, or 8.23% of the assets under management in Europe, the vast majority (€13.1 tr, or 91.77%), were held by mutual funds."

Thanks, Detlef. 'Nice one, son!' Yeah, nice one, Detlef. Keep up the good work!

ENDS

...

Anything else?

I was planning on stopping the music updates and personal chat today, BUT(!) ... I ain't got nothing else to write about, you dig?

Anything I really want to say ... goes into the conceptuals these days. Obviously, I'll be doing one later ... No. 924, for my sins.

Central London is a ghost town, man. I went last week, to look around, like. All the guitar shops in Denmark Street weren't open after ten in the morning. Maybe they opened later? I don't know.

Oh, this is a fresh start though ... today, in my life, yes ... just not in my blog. That's all right.

That Lennon audiobook is comforting. It keeps me in the right mood. But I don't go beyond chapter fifty-one.

I've nearly finished the lyric for Mighty Soul. I just need twelve lines for the third verse.

Laters.