Monday 31 January 2022

Does anyone wonder who Julien Garnier is?

Does Julien himself wonder?! Alone at night, staring up at the night sky ... Look at all those stars! "Oh, who am I?" It must be terrible.

Ha, ha, ha! Well, I've got some good news: the night is gone! It's a bright, cold Monday morning in winter, and we know who Julien is -

ABN AMRO Investment Solutions appoints Julien Garnier as Chief Risk Officer.

That's who he is! Well done, Julien! 'Congratulations on the new job, Julien!' Er ... Voice. 'What, boss?' I was saying well done BECAUSE ... our Julien knows who he is. 'Oh yeah.' He hasn't woken from a bad dream in the middle of night with absolutely no idea. 'Of course not.' He knows. He knows.

And so do the PR people at ABN AMRO who sent me this -

Paris, January 24, 2022 - ABN AMRO Investment Solutions, the asset management company of ABN AMRO Bank N.V., announces the appointment of Julien Garnier as Chief Risk Officer.

A whole week ago! 'He's known for a week!' Yes, this is brilliant news. He must be so grounded in his reality now. Ha, ha, ha! Forget bad dreams!

Anyway ...

Based in Paris, Julien Garnier is a member of the Executive committee and leads both risk and compliance functions. Julien reports to Elisa Alonso Sanz, Member of the Executive Board and Chief Operating Officer and has started on January 3rd, 2022.

This just gets better! He's been working there for four weeks! 'Christ!'

Francois? Come on, son!

François-Xavier Gennetais, CEO of ABN AMRO Investment Solutions, comments: "2021 has been a year of strong growth for ABN AMRO Investment Solutions, with a 20% increase of our assets under management, including an increase of 123% in the SRI fund range. We surround ourselves with the best talents to ensure our strategic plan, so we are delighted to have Julien Garnier as Chief Risk Officer. Compliance and risk management are fundamental challenges in an increasingly demanding environment. Thanks to his strong experience, I believe that Julien will fully embrace this key role."

I'm just blown away! 'We couldn't ask for more, could we?'

But there is more! Look at all this - !!! -

Julien brings 15 years of risk management experience in the banking and asset management sectors and has worked in Paris, London, and Tokyo.

He was consecutively Head of Risks, Quant and Data for SG 29 Haussmann, a subsidiary of Société Générale dedicated to the management of private client assets. He was also in charge of transformation projects in compliance, operational risk, and cybersecurity as part of the General Inspection of the bank.

Julien joins ABN AMRO Investment Solutions from Capgemini where he led the development of Data for sustainable offerings. 

Julien holds a double master's degree from Ecole Polytechnique (Paris) and Royal Institute of Technology (Stockholm).

My God! This guy is so real. 'Ha, ha, ha!' What, Voice? 'And you were worried that he didn't know who he was, and we didn't know who he was, and no one knew who he was.' I know! 'I bet you're relieved, boss. I know I am.' Ha! How do you think Julien feels?

Julien, mate ... I take my hat off to you. I really do.

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS

...

Anything else?

They want more, Voice. 'Tell them to piss off.' I can't do that. 'Tell them about the dumbbells then.'

Yeah, I did five hundred reps this morning. I reckon I've got to do that many - unless I get some heavier dumbbells.

It's just so confusing, man. I mean, if you go on YouTube, like -

"You need heavy dumbbells to make progress."

"You only need light dumbbells to make gains."

"Don't lose your gains by doing too many reps."

"You're not doing enough reps!!!"

Oh, I don't know.

Laters!

'Bye!'