Monday 3 January 2022

First post of the year

That's this post - in case you're wondering, dear kook(s).

Man, I'm hoping I can stop blogging this year. I've burnt off all the bad karma. What more does the cosmos want?! What more must I do?!

Well, the obvious answer is record my demo. I must do that. 'When?' Soon. 'Soon!' Yes, soon.

I only rehearsed for three hours last week. I was relaxing. It's not a crime. We all need to relax sometimes.

Anyway ...

I've bought Oliver! for my phone. Consider Yourself is one of my favourite songs.

I've bought an ebook of Paul Trynka's biography of David Bowie. (My paperback version is falling apart.) Here's a good bit -

Late in March, David had discovered that Mott The Hoople - one of his favourite bands, whom he imagined as 'a heavy biker gang', says singer Ian Hunter - were splitting, and after begging them to reconsider, he invited them down to Gem's Regent Street office, and played them a song which he'd just finished with them in mind. 'He just played it on an acoustic guitar,' says Hunter. 'I knew straight away it was a hit. There were chills going down my spine. It's only happened to me a few times in my life: when you know that this is a biggie. We grabbed hold of it. I'm a peculiar singer but I knew I could handle that.' All the Young Dudes reimagined Mott, in reality well-behaved Hereford boys, as heavy-duty punks, Clockwork Orange Droogs. Against a stately, descending chord sequence, the lyrics name check juvenile delinquency, acne, cockney rhyming slang, TV and suicide at twenty-five; All the Young Dudes was a glorious celebration of youth, in all its glamour, ephemerality and heroism. It would be as sincere a love song as Bowie would ever write, to his most enduring love: rock 'n' roll.

Now, having written the definitive anthem of the Seventies, David simply gave it away. Some thought that this was a self-serving act, designed to underline his own musical omnipotence. Bob Grace, the man who'd overseen most of Bowie's recent songs, is emphatic that in giving away the song, Bowie paid a price. 'I thought that was a mistake. If David had put out All the Young Dudes himself that autumn, he would have been huge beyond our comprehension.'

Yes, yes. As I keep saying ... songs are the most important thing. You dig?

Anyway ...

Fitness? Yeah, yeah. Obviously, my Steve McQueen/Daniel Craig body has been delayed, but I'm nearly there. I've been eating too many snacks - that's the truth. 'What about the chips with your dinner, boss?' Well, Voice, I'm hoping I'll be able to keep the chips as long as I cut out all snacks. Also, I'm not having ice cream after dinner any more in the weekdays, and no Kronenbourg neither - only at weekends! That should do it. I reckon my new body will be delivered by the end of February. Maybe I'll launch my demo then, too. / Basically, there's no need for anyone to worry about me. I've got everything under control. 'Ha!' I have!!!

[Life is just so chaotic. Don't you think?]

By the way, I'm doing nine hundred dumbbell reps a week with no push-ups. Monday, Wednesday, Friday. I might get heavier dumbbells. I'm not sure yet. Some "experts" on YouTube say you don't actually need heavy dumbbells. 'And some say you do.' I know. It's so confusing! Never mind.

Fashion? Sunspel are still sending me emails. Christ! Guys, I know you think I'm the new King of Cool, BUT(!) ... I'm all right for clothes at the moment. Don't contact me, I'll contact you.

Anyway ...

Songs. Performance. Image.

In that order. You dig?

Good!

Now ...

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS

'Laters!'

Bye.