Thursday 6 January 2022

Has anyone else gone back to work yet, or is it just me?

Never mind.

I ain't got no PR emails for you, dear kook(s). Do you care? I don't. And there isn't any news around ... which is a blessing, really, when you think about it. BUT(!) ... don't think too hard, will you?

I'm in bed with melaptop.

I'm writing in the night, yes, and ... I'm listening to Apollo. Don't tell me you're surprised. I know you're not surprised. It's like when I tell you I've had a cheese sandwich for lunch. Or chips for dinner. It's to be expected.

Anyway, I wrote the first twenty seconds of a song earlier. It's my best opening to a song - better than Stella and The Future - so I have high hopes for it. It's not "explosive" though, like those two, just "cool". I've got a good feeling the song will turn out to be as great as Mighty Soul, but completely different.

Actually, I wrote another opening to another song even earlier, which was pretty good. I recorded it and told myself: "That's a decent result." I mean, it only took a few minutes. Then for some reason, I just started strumming the guitar again, and this other tune came out in seconds with a rather daft dummy lyric which I might keep, I don't know.

The point I'm making is ... I was going to stop, man, but I didn't stop. And the question is ... How many songs are lost when I stop? Or when anyone stops with anything ... ??? Do you know what I mean?

Soon, I will stop writing this post. Then I'll go to sleep. Maybe some great words will be lost. I don't care!!! Blog posts aren't as valuable as songs, are they? I'm not going to get to Malibu by writing blog posts, FFS! The gutter maybe. But not Malibu.

Anyway ...

Oh, Christ. Do you know what? In my time, I've seen loads of mice, but only two rats. Both of those rats were on Richmond Hill. One yesterday, and one a few months ago. The place has got a rat problem! / I was thinking of living in Richmond before Malibu, you know. I'm not sure what I'm going to do now. How does Mick Jagger put up with it?

Well, never mind.

Good night.