Tuesday 4 January 2022

Why 2021 was THE year for Indian startups

Why was it?! Why was it?! 'What's this, boss?' A PR email, Voice. One of the few in my folder that's not ancient.

[Come on, guys! Get back to work! I'm working, ain't I? Why don't you model yourself on me? Get a G mindset!]

Anyway ...

India's landmark year in economic growth sees third-highest number of new Unicorns, overtaking UK.

New unicorns? Really? 'What happened to the old ones?' They died a long, long time ago. They're forgotten now, lost in the mists of time. 'And no one knows who they were, or ... what they were doing.' Yeah. Well, never mind.

Gaurav Singh, co-founder of JPIN, comments on India's wealth in startups and what this means for the future of investment banking.

Fine.

Hi Michael,

Hope you're well, and find the following of interest. Please let me know if you have further enquiries, or if you'd like to speak to Gaurav about the topic, or any of the following:

The growth of startups within India
The value of Indian and British collaboration and cross-investment 
The future of India's emerging markets

Oh. 'Nothing about those new unicorns.' Ha! Our Gaurav doesn't know who they are, or ... what they're doing.

The Indian startup ecosystem has had a groundbreaking year, and is currently in the midst of their biggest boom in terms of new Unicorn additions. With a total number of 54 Unicorns this year, India came third in the race this year, behind the US and China - beating the likes of the UK.

Oh, okay. Fifty-four unicorns!

India has had four consecutive quarters of positive economic growth in 2021, with an 8.4% growth in the second quarter despite the -

Yeah, yeah. Okay. I don't think we need all of that. Let's go straight to the voice of Gaurav!!!

Gaurav Singh, Co-Founder of JPIN, says: "Investment opportunities in start-ups look set to be popular in the next few years, and while India is still somewhat behind other incumbents like China in terms of value, this year's growth in their startup ecosystem shows true promise. At JPIN we are always looking to back the next generation of startups and businesses looking to change the world: the success of Indian startups that have been noticeably prevalent in the last year especially, is something truly exciting for us, and I can't wait to see what's yet to come."

Thanks, Gaurav!

'It's a shame he didn't say anything about those fifty-four unicorns, boss.' Well, he doesn't know anything about them, does he?

ENDS

...

Anything else?

Music? Man, I've still got a backlog of five lyrics to write. Christ. Listen! Like Lennon and McCartney, I can be a "greater" songwriter than Dylan WITHOUT ... being on his level as a lyricist. Sure, the lyric for Nothing is great, but I don't need that sort of thing all the time. It's the music that matters, you dig?

So, yeah, I need to change my mindset about lyrics so I can write faster. That's the main thing holding me back.

I want more songs like Mighty Soul. Rehearsing that song and listening to my rough recording of it is keeping me motivated right now.

Fitness? To make progress, I think you should keep changing things. Switching from push-ups to dumbbells has really helped. Maybe it would be a good idea to keep switching between light and heavy dumbbells. I probably won't do push-ups again because I think I hurt my back that way.

[One more thing: I can't tolerate looking like a regular Joe any more. I want to wear my new clothes with my new body at the beginning of March. You know, when the weather starts to get better. 'You can make it happen, Mikey!' Thanks, Voice.]

Anyway ...

Bye!