Tuesday 11 January 2022

London Stock Exchange and financial services could benefit from Indian IPO

Oh, who says?!

Hi Michael

I hope you're well. Do let me know if you'd like to hear more from Nayan on this, or any of these topics:

Well, Nayan says. Fair enough.

'What are the topics, boss?'

Er, these -

How international IPOs will benefit Indian companies and London's Stock Exchange
The value of Indian and British collaboration and cross-investment
The upcoming Overseas Listing Policy

Which is very disappointing. I was hoping that Nayan would want to talk about Lennon and McCartney being far superior to Bob Dylan as songwriters. Lyrics aren't everything, man. For example, Drive My Car is a much better song than Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again. But never mind, eh?

Last year, the landscape of IPO opportunities for ambitious, growth-hungry Indian companies was dramatically changed when the Direct Overseas Listing Policy was introduced. Currently, the direct listing of securities by Indian companies is allowed; however, not without hurdles which the Indian government are taking into consideration. Later this month, the government will be in talks about amending legislations to ensure a smooth transaction of stock exchange outside of the country.

Oh, all right.

The listing of Indian entities in foreign stock exchanges will likely increase India's competitive edge in what is already a rapidly growing economy. India added 54 Unicorns in 2021 alone, and as the City attracts so much domestic and international capital, it is expected that many of these unicorns and 'soonicorns' will go public in the UK. 

Soonicorns.

Well, look, I'm not doing all of this email. Let's go to the voice of Nayan! 'Yippee!' Calm down.

Nayan Gala, founder of JPIN, comments on what Indian IPOs can bring to the London Stock Exchange: "Startups in India have gone from strength to strength, receiving record-breaking capital and transforming this into both growth and returns on investors' capital - ultimately producing 54 Unicorns in 2021 alone. It is great news for these ambitious companies that the Modi Government will be looking to loosen the restrictive laws around IPOs, as international IPOs mean more international investors, and therefore more investors in general. The UK will benefit too, as many of these startups will look to go public in London - providing a boost to publicity, stock volume, and therefore stock value, as well as the firms that service these listings. There is also an increased chance that these companies may expand into the UK after their (hopefully) successful listing - again, giving the UK a further boost."

Nice one! Thanks, Nayan.

And here's Chloe -

Do let me know if you would like to speak to Nayan further about the aforementioned topics.

Kind Regards,

Chloe

Ha! I don't know. Unless he wants to talk about The Beatles and Dylan. 'I doubt he does, boss.'

It's his loss.

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS

...

Anything else?

My new tune is making me angry. It's a great tune, with great chords, and a great rhythm, BUT(!) ... the structure, man ... I can't get it right. I'll just have to keep grooving around with it, I suppose. 'That's a good idea for No. 967, boss.' What? 'Grooving a-ROUND.' Yeah, maybe.

This song will be my second or third best song if I can get it right. Good Times will be pushed out of the BIG TEN, and ... it doesn't bear thinking about. I'm getting dizzy almost thinking about it. 'You're almost thinking, boss, while you're grooving a-ROUND. That's brilliant!' Thank you, Voice.

No. 967 coming up!

Bye.


Thought of the day: The two or three people who claim to "enjoy" working in the gig economy make life hell for the millions of people who are pissed off with it.

Yeah, I can think when I want to ...


Update: I've finished the tune. I just had to change the rhythm of the middle section I had. All is well!