Wednesday 26 January 2022

Refinitiv Lipper: European fund flow report - December 2021

Okay, okay. Let's see what's been happening with these freakin' fund flows ...

Long-term mutual funds (+€718.9 bn) posted net inflows for 2021 overall.
Money market products (+€5.2 bn) posted net inflows for the year 2021.
The overall fund flows for mutual funds and ETFs in Europe over the course of the year 2021 amounted to estimated net inflows of €724.1 bn.
Equity Global (+€179.5 bn) was the best-selling sector among long-term funds.
Luxembourg (+€329.1 bn) was the fund domicile with the highest net inflows, followed by Ireland (+€204.3 bn) and the UK (+€40.5 bn).
BlackRock (+€107.7 bn) was the best-selling fund promoter in Europe for the year, ahead of JPMorgan (+€33.9 bn) and Vanguard (+€31.8 bn).

Well ... 'What does Detlef say, boss?!' Christ! Give me a chance, Voice. 'Sorry.' I only finished my pizza ten minutes ago. 'Sorry.'

Anyway ...

Detlef Glow, Head of EMEA Research at Refinitiv Lipper, comments: "European investors in general were further in a risk-on mode over the course of the year 2021 as equity funds were the best-selling asset type for the year. In fact, the European fund industry enjoyed record inflows (€724.1 bn) over the course of 2021 despite the unclear economic situation caused by the ongoing Thing, disruptions in the delivery chains of some industry sectors, and steadily rising inflation.

"That said, it is remarkable that 2021 was the second year in a row during a global crisis in which the European fund industry enjoyed record inflows. These strong inflows are somewhat surprising, since companies and investors had to weather the uncertainty and impacts caused by The Thing, which should have led under normal circumstances to a more cautious behaviour from investors. Therefore, it can be assumed that the massive financial and fiscal actions taken by governments and central banks around the globe have boosted the confidence of investors to stay in a risk-on mode."

Okay. Thanks, Detlef.

ENDS

...

Anything else?

Tesco have got a "special" cheese sandwich with delicatessen pickles at the moment. I had it for lunch today in Richmond. It costs £2.50, but you can get crisps and a drink for just fifty pence more. I had prawn cocktail crisps and a bottle of water. I could have had a Coke, but ... my diet, you know?

So, my day hasn't been too exciting. I've written about these fund flows. I've been for a walk.

I did three hundred dumbbell reps this morning. I might try five hundred next week.

John Hurt was in The Sweeney this afternoon. Grouty was in The Avengers before that. Edward Fox, too. I don't know what they were getting up to. I had the sound  down. George Cole was in Minder, obviously - and The Sweeney. I've got the TV off now.

I might put some music on.

Dudley Moore's last words were ... "I can hear the music all around me." This suggests to me that he had some sort of contact with the cosmos. I mean, he was a brilliant pianist.

Is it too early for Apollo ... ? 'It's dark out.' Well, as long as it's dark, man. Do you know what I mean?

I wish I wouldn't delay writing the lyrics for my songs. The first twenty seconds of Shady, Dodgy, Shifty took me twenty seconds to write. That's words and music. Totally inspired! But John Lennon would have kept on going. Never mind. There's always tomorrow.

And tomorrow ...

And tomorrow ...