Thursday 1 December 2022

BIG DOZEN

The Beatles have the best BIG TEN, yeah, yeah, yeah, but also the best BIG DOZEN ...

A Day In The Life
Let It Be
Hey Jude
Yesterday
Strawberry Fields Forever
I Am The Walrus
The Long and Winding Road
Eleanor Rigby
Something
Penny Lane
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Here Comes The Sun

Weakness starts to creep in after Here Comes The Sun ... Just saying, man.

Anyway ...

I can match that list now with my BIG DOZEN ...

Mighty Soul
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty
"New Song"
The Future
Life and Death
Nothing
This World Don't Mean a Thing
Lovers On The Make
Stella
Malibu
What's This Life We Live?
And Rain Came Down

You dig?

This doesn't mean that songs like Mighty Soul or "New Song" sound like A Day In The Life or Hey Jude.

My most serious songs Life and Death and Nothing are probably the best rivals to A Day In The Life.

This World Don't Mean a Thing and What's This Life We Live? are the closest songs I have to Hey Jude.

The Future is the most powerful rock song ever - yeah, I said it - but it's not as skilfully written as Yesterday.

Do you understand, kooks?

Oh, I hope so. I really do. Because I ain't messing around. I analyse EVERYTHING. I miss nothing in the world of rock and pop. Nothing!

By the way, I'm not calling my new song "New Song". That would be ridiculous. I just don't have any lyrical ideas yet. I recorded a rough version of it last night with gibberish words ... and it's cool.

I'll probably save it for the second album, ha! I mean, I can't squeeze everything I've got into the first album. That really would be ridiculous.

I must admit though ... it does sound great coming after Mighty Soul and Shady, Dodgy, Shifty ...

'Hey!'

What, Voice?

'Your demo is going to be Mighty Soul, and Shady, Dodgy, Shifty and The Future.'

Yeah, I know, I know. Which you were against, actually, remember? Because you thought I was going to burn down the internet.

'Ha! Who cares?! You need to equalize some shit, Mikey. Am I right?'

Oh, you're not wrong, Voice.

Anyway ...

Laters, rockers and rollers!

'Bye!'