Wednesday 21 December 2022

Those recordings???

Yeah, "recordings" might be a better word than "versions" because they all sound the same.

I suppose it doesn't matter.

Anyway, I've scrapped all those recordings except for one version of The Future - which I will use unless I get a better one.

I didn't even listen to all of them. The Zoom Handy Recorder H5 thing was in the wrong position. The guitar is too loud. I don't think I'll get a nice recording like Redemption Song unless I go to a recording studio.

'Do that then, boss.'

No, I don't want to, Voice. Not yet anyway. Time is money at recording studios, and, actually ... I have to be very careful with my time and my money at the moment.

Some good news though ... I've nearly finished the lyric for This Love. I'm probably going to need that song, seeing as it's so commercial, like.

It's funny listening to my comments after the recordings. At the end of The Future, I say, "Fucking hell!" Because it was a good version. I'll edit that out, obviously. And I don't know what position the recorder was in then, but it sounds okay. Last night, I was jumping all over the room trying to get the best sound.

I hope this post makes sense, dear reader(s). I'm too agitated to polish it today. Well, polish much.

This is just words, my thoughts, you dig? 'And your feelings, Mikey!' Yes, we shouldn't forget my feelings. I feel messed up.

Never soul, eh?

Life goes on, apparently.

If I record This Love, I'll have to sing from the lyric sheet. I haven't got time to learn all the words.

This would be the best demo -

Mighty Soul
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty
The Future
This Love

My voice is going a bit, actually. 'What?! I ain't going nowhere, son.' Ha! Not you. I know you'll be with me until the end, Voice. 'I'll be with you beyond the end. Believe it!' Oh, I do.

My singing voice, man.

If the the worst comes to the worst, I've still got this blog. Maybe some sort of legacy. I'd like to find a better place in the cosmos.

I've got to get my consciousness right.

I've got to record those songs!!!

I might use the Audacity software to crank the volume up on The Future. It should be played at maximum volume.

I'm glad the Voice is here. He's real to me, after all these years. 'I should hope so. Billions of years!'

Ha, ha, ha! Billions of years? What an ego!

As much as I love the conceptuals, a-ROUND, and a-ROUND, and a-ROUND ... they're not going to save me.

I need my songs.
I must keep going.

All right???

Laters.

'Bye!'