Tuesday 13 December 2022

Refinitiv Lipper: European ETF market report - November 2022

Yippee!

Voice?

'Yippee, boss!'

Ha! I wondered where you were for a moment. 'Ha! I'm right here, by your side ... where I always am.' Always? 'Most of the time.'

Right.

Anyway ...

What have we got?

ETF promoters in Europe enjoyed estimated net inflows (+€14.3 bn) for November 2022.
Assets under management in the European ETF industry increased over the course of November to €1,309.9 bn.
Bond ETFs (+€8.4 bn) posted the highest estimated net inflows in the European ETF industry for November.
The best-selling Lipper global classification for November was Equity Global (+€4.2 bn), followed by Bond EUR Corporates (+€2.4 bn) and Equity US (+€1.8 bn).
iShares was the best-selling ETF promoter in Europe for November (+€9.0 bn), ahead of UBS ETF (+€3.2 bn) and Xtrackers (+€1.5 bn).
The 10 best-selling funds gathered estimated net inflows of €6.3 bn for November.
The best-selling ETF for November, UBS(Irl) Fund Solutions plc MSCI ACWI SF UCITS ETF HUSD Aa, enjoyed estimated net inflows of €1.2 bn.

Fair enough.

Does Detlef have anything to say about it though? The BIG QUESTION of the day - as it were.

'Look - !!!'

Detlef Glow, Head of EMEA Research at Refinitiv Lipper, comments: "The European ETF industry enjoyed inflows over the course of November 2022. These inflows occurred in a positive market environment. Nevertheless, concerns about high inflation rates, increasing interest rates, market turmoil in UK government bonds, geopolitical tensions, and disrupted delivery chains caused by the still ongoing The Thing were still looming. The performance of the underlying markets led in conjunction with the estimated net inflows to increasing assets under management (from €1,254.0 bn as of October 31, 2022, to €1,309.9 bn at the end of November). At a closer look, the increase of €55.9 bn for November was driven by the performance of the underlying markets (+€41.6 bn), while estimated net inflows contributed (+€14.3 bn) to the assets under management."

Oh, okay. Thanks, Detlef. 'Thanks, Detlef.'

"Laters, lads."

'Ha!'

Yeah, yeah.

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS

...

Anything else? Music?

I ain't got no time to finish the This Love lyric at the moment. That's a luxury, man. If nothing disturbs me ... I'm hoping to have a go at recording my demo tomorrow night -

Mighty Soul
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty
The Future

I'm in a pickle that only music can get me out of.

Never mind.

'When will you put the demo online, boss?'

I don't know about that. I just want it ready. I've got to record it, and then prepare it using Audacity software, and then use the Microsoft video thing to make sure it can be uploaded to YouTube. I've got to send the songs to that copyright protection service.

I just want it ready.

I was feeling depressed yesterday, but cheered up a bit after rehearsing those three songs.

'The cosmos loves you, Mikey!'

Oh, I hope so.

Laters.