Thursday 15 December 2022

Noisy street

My street is too noisy, man.

So, the idea of setting a whole night aside to record two or three versions of each song of my demo won't work.

'But you've got a new idea, boss!'

That's right, Voice.

I'm just going to look for five-minute windows of opportunity where I can record. One song here, one song there. You dig? Maybe I'll record at eight in the morning on Sunday. Or nine at night on Monday. I'll just keep going like that until the demo is finished.

I'm going to use my old Yamaha acoustic. It's got a deeper sound. I put some new Elixir strings on earlier.

'Er ...'

What, Voice? Spit it out!

'Would that be the Elixir 80/20 bronze lights with nanoweb coating?'

You know damn well they're the Elixir 80/20 bronze lights with nanoweb coating. I don't use anything else these days.

'Nice one!'

Yeah.

BUT(!) ...

I've got bad vibes, man. My demo is the only thing that can save me. Actually, the fresh start I'm on now isn't the normal sort. It's the sort - the rare sort - where you just snap.

And I didn't really snap. It's not like I said, "I can't stand this any more." No. In truth, something snapped me, and now ...

It's music or death.

And I'm not being dramatic.

And if I do die, I'll go down fighting like a guitar-wielding Samurai.

That's it.

But let's try and be cheerful at the end of the week.

Voice!

'What?'

Say something to cheer me up.

'Well ... your close relationship with the cosmos is common knowledge. Only a small number of humans have ever had your connection, so ... you've just got to trust in the cosmos. Whatever happens, son.'

Yeah, I suppose.

Laters, kooks.