Wednesday 14 December 2022

It's too cold to record today

And my fingers are messed up.

Never mind. Maybe tomorrow.

'It's going to be cold until next Monday, boss.'

Oh, you're kidding, Voice.

'I'm not.'

I'll see tomorrow morning ... what the situation is.

I was playing okay earlier, my guitar, like ... then it got colder, or maybe it was just my imagination.

Even my laptop is slowing down.

I'm not even thinking straight.

'What's new?'

Shut up, idiot.

I'm trying to motivate myself. I mean, more than usual.

Mighty Soul
Shady, Dodgy, Shifty
The Future

... should be enough, without other songs.

If they're not enough ... well ... I just don't know.

'They are enough, idiot! You've just got to record them.'

Christ! Look at my fingers, Voice.

'Er ... they're red with a bit of purple.'

Exactly.

I'm going to put some Nivea creme for men on. Give me a moment, readers.

Okay, okay.

I might have that three bean chilli soup tonight.

'Great!'

Yeah. With a baton.

'Nice one!'

Yeah.

I got that Moonage Daydream film for my phone. You know, the Bowie one. It's pretty good. It's a shame the Thin White Duke period isn't covered much at all. That's his best period. 1976.

There's a few things I didn't agree with. Bowie was talking about pushing his sound in new directions all the time. Style and that. But all that stuff is superficial, man, compared to writing great songs. Of course, Bowie wrote great songs. However, as an example, I don't think he wrote anything as great as Losing My Religion. And he didn't record an album as great as OK Computer. Do you know what I mean, kooks?

'I know, Mikey!'

Okay then. What do I mean?

'Songs, songs, songs. Songs are everything!'

Exactly!

Help yourself to a mince pie, Voice.

'Thanks!'

Songs are more important than the sound or style of music.

Songs are more important than dance moves or your hairstyle.

You dig?

Anyway ...

I'm in the mood for a mince pie myself now.

'Help yourself, Mikey!'

Yeah. They're my mince pies, idiot.

They're my mince pies.

I think I've been very generous today.

Anyway ...

There is no future without music
There is no future without music
There is no future without music

The cosmos pushes me

I'm not free to do anything else

There is only music
There is only music
There is only music

Music is the only salvation

The cosmos loves music and mathematics, apparently

I have music