Wednesday 25 April 2012

What's this Oxford-Man Institute of Quantitative Finance virtual data lab nonsense all about, eh?

Just heard about it. I didn't even know there was some crazy ass institute up at Oxford. But that's not the worst of it. They've got this virtual data lab now. God knows what they think they're playing at. We don't need no data labs. This ain't mysticism, you know. They're mucking about with computers!

'Founded in 2007, the Oxford-Man Institute of Quantitative Finance is the home of interdisciplinary research in quantitative aspects of finance at the University of Oxford. Drawing together researchers and students from many departments in the University, as well as academic institutions across the globe, it has particular strengths in computational finance, financial econometrics and hedge fund research.' Jesus H. Christ! These people are out of control. Go and take a look for yourself if you don't believe me.

_________________________


Well, that's enough finance for one day. I don't want to overdo it. I've got my health to consider. I've got a pain in my leg. I don't think it's anything serious.

And it's raining. A lot. You can't write about finance when it's raining like this. It just adds to the depression.

Lovejoy is on later. That will cheer me up. I wish I were an expert on antiques and had a friend like Tinker.

I know what's putting me off writing my Gilly, Gilly lyrics. I've got to think it's a fictional Gilly, not a real one. / My angel will drive me insane, I swear.