Monday 23 April 2012

Why does Goldman Sachs want to sell its Petershill fund?

I couldn't tell you. I haven't spoken to Lloyd lately, and I'm not going to phone him up. I'll let him phone me. I like a quiet life. To be honest with you, I've had enough of his foul language, and his vulgarity in general. But don't get the wrong idea. He is one of my dearest friends. I would defend him against anyone. Well, I have, haven't I? I've spilt blood for him in the past, and I'd do it all again. Same goes for Viniar, even if he is an animal. It's called brotherhood. Do you understand that? Yes, it's old-fashioned, but I don't care. And some things are more important than money.

_________________________


I ain't writing about money today. I'm fucked off with it. I ain't writing about much at all. I'm playing my guitar after lunch. I'm going to see if I can finish a song for a change. Oh, I feel sorry for the poor bastards who have to write about finance all the time. They don't have the freedom I have. Talk about bad karma. And I thought I had bad karma. They got bad karma, man.


Update (2.20pm): Listening to Stevie Wonder this morning has put me in a good mood. I've come up with a great title and theme for that piece of music of mine. (Also, I was a bit desperate. I always do my best work when I'm on the verge of cracking.) I'll have two great songs soon, I can feel it. / Wonder's Sir Duke is awesome, by the way.


Update (7.30pm): Okay. I'll probably go back to calling the song Gilly, Gilly. Are you confused now? I know I am. I just can't make my mind up. I've found a new way of making Gilly, Gilly work, and it works better than the other lyric I was thinking of. I could always use the other idea on another piece of music. I don't know. I never messed about like this in the old days. I just wrote any crap that came into my head. / These will be great songs if I don't have a nervous breakdown first.