Tuesday 8 October 2013

Bruce Berkowitz wants a billion dollars!

Oh, not asking for much, is he? A billion dollars?! 'Where does this guy get off, Mikey?!' Well, Voice, Bruce has got this hedge fund, you see. He calls it Fairholme Capital Management. And he's got this new fund, which he calls Fairholme Partnership. 'Nice.' And he's opening it up to outsiders now. 'Existential outsiders, boss? Brilliant! This is what we've been waiting for.' No, no. No, don't get excited, man. I'm afraid we're talking the normal kind of outsiders. 'Eh?' You know, outside investors. 'Oh, that's a bit boring.' This is finance, son. What did you expect? 'Despair, anxiety, but a strong desire for meaning and purpose.' No. It's just some people with money.

...

He's gone now, dear reader(s). / Dear oh dear. I can understand his disappointment. In the old days, I thought we would get funds that would be open to genuine outsiders. Misfits, oddballs, kooks. But it wasn't to be. Never mind.

_________________________


I played the guitar for a couple of hours yesterday, rehearsing my songs. I'm still waiting for my voice to recover from that chest infection. So, slow progress, as per usual. It's okay. I spent so long writing You're Lying and My Heart that it doesn't make sense to do a rush job on the recordings. I'll be finished when I'm finished. / I might wait until after Christmas to approach publishers. Or I might be ready by November. I don't know, man. Don't worry about it, reader(s). It will all work out. Music is my destiny. 'Yeah?' Oh, you're back. Yeah, you better believe it, baby!

...

He's gone again.

It's a nice sunny day. The last day of summer! I might go out this afternoon.

...

I’ve been thinking, I'm not sure I want to vote at the next election. / Politicians: they're all as bad as each other, aren't they? Let's leave them to it. Let them wreck the country. / I'll probably be in Malibu, anyway. With the Jackie Treehorn lifestyle. It's gonna be wild!

Egg sandwich for lunch. / Laters ...