Thursday 11 December 2014

Anthony Chiasson and Todd Newman are innocent!

Over in America ... / They were found guilty, you see, dear reader(s), of insider trading, a couple of years ago. They nearly went to prison! Well, they were out on bail. But now Tony and Todd are out for good! 'Why, Mikey?' I don't know, man. It's the legal system over there. 'Where?' America, Voice. Traders need to know that their insider tip comes from someone who knows it's a secret and who's getting paid for leaking it. 'Who's getting paid for it?' Precisely! 'Oh. / What did Tony and Todd know?' They didn't know anything! And that's the best way to be. 'Is it?!' Yeah, of course it is. I mean, when someone - a reader, maybe - sends me an email: Mikey, how big is the moon? I might reply Big enough or I don't know ... yeah? 'No, not really. That doesn't make any sense.' It doesn't need to make sense, son. It's always best to know nothing and be a little confused, you dig? 'Okay. Is that the secret of your success, then?' It certainly is. It's the people in this world who know things, the clear-headed ones, who are the losers. Knowing stuff makes you vulnerable, you get me? You can be attacked at any moment by the "dark forces" that want to bring you down. 'Terrifying, man!' There's great weakness in knowing, in certainty.

...

Music? I was listening to the Phil Spector Christmas album. I don't know what else to put on now. 'Chopin?' Yeah, all right. It will make a nice change.

Guitar? My rhythm playing has been getting better, man. Paying more attention to my fretting hand has paid off. I might not go to the pub tomorrow. I might stay in and try recording again. I've still got a cold though.

I miss the piano when I listen to Chopin. Years ago, I could play that funeral march. 'Which funeral march, Love To Love You Baby?' No. Could It Be Magic.

Lunch? Oh ... cheese sandwich, prawn cocktail crisps, strawberry yoghurt, and a can of Coke.

After lunch? Use your imagination!