Monday 9 February 2015

Markus Taraba? Monterone Partners?

What the hell is going on?! / All right, all right. There's no need to get upset, reader(s). Jesus! I can explain. Listen (I mean, read. 'I'm listening, me.' Shut up!) Er ... Markus Taraba is a man, believe it or not, a hedgie man. 'Brilliant!' And you'll be pleased to hear that Monterone Partners is actually his new hedge fund. 'Another new hedge fund, boss, that hasn't been launched yet?' It'll get launched, Voice, one day. What are you worried about? This is why I love these hedgies so much. They're like me. They make plans for the future. 'Like your demo?' Exactly! Like my demo, man. God knows when it'll be finished, but one day ... one day it will just happen, and there will be dancing in the streets. 'I hope so.' You've got to believe, son. Markus believes. This Monterone thing of his will be based in London, it'll be focused on Europe, and it will be all long/short stuff, and - 'It sounds like it will be amazing, boss. If it ever gets off the ground.' Just wait six months! 'All right.' Six months from now, everything will be in place. 'And what about your songs? Six years?' I don't know.

I just don't know. / I do know that good things take time. I mean, there are four very different skills: writing music, writing lyrics, playing guitar, and singing - all needed to a (reasonably) professional level. It ain't easy, man. Writing a blog (even a literary masterpiece blog such as this one) is a piece of piss in comparison.

Well, well ... about Mr Taraba. (Give me a moment. I'm a bit chaotic this morning. Christ.) Yeah. Oh, more information, for those of you who get off on more information. 'What does LinkedIn say?' I'm looking at his website for the fund, man. 'It's nice, ain't it? All white.' There's nothing there! Just blankness. Not a good sign. 'What about LinkedIn, boss?' Er ... I've lost it. It's gone. 'Bloody internet!' But I saw something about Citadel, and Davidson Kempner. He used to work at those places, I suppose. 'Oh.' It doesn't matter. It's not important. Only the future is important.

If we ain't got the future, what have we got? 'Not a lot!' The great ones, the masters of reality, all live in the future.

...

Lunch? I don't know for sure. However, I imagine it will be some kind of sandwich. 'You're a visionary, Mikey, a seer! What kind of sandwich, man?' A cheese one, probably. 'Great!' A couple of hours, as far as I can see ... The six inches in front of your face!!!