Monday 8 April 2024

Ah, poetry, of course ... this ain't a finance blog, son

Daughter.

Ain't writing about finance today. Just ain't. Got no enthusiasm, you dig?

Don't worry about it.

Christ.

Are you worried about it?

Uh.

Please take a day off. Please.

Anyway ...

I've been thinking, yes ... I will start to write the VERY BIG POEM soon, while also working on small poems.

And here's the thing: if the poem turns out NOT to be great, I could just chop it up into three or four smaller poems. I mean, use it for spare parts or raw material or whatever. However, if it is great ... it might solve a lot of my problems.

(Throw a spear at Darius, my friends. Conquer your fear!)

As for the length, well ... maybe four times my BIG POEM. So, 4 x 650 words = 2,600 words. Roughly, yes. And 4 x 156 lines = somewhere between 600 and 700 lines. Oh, roughly. That's just to have an idea, you know? It will be in free verse, obviously. And I prefer mostly short lines with free verse.

When it's finished it could be published by itself in a second volume of poetry after my first volume of short poems, or ...

Maybe it could, maybe, uh ... be like twelve poems, like ... VERY BIG POEM ... and some others. That's what I would prefer.

I mean, it could start off with VERY BIG POEM, and end with BIG POEM, and have ten pretty great(!) small poems in the poetic sandwich, like.

'Nice one, Mikey!'

Thanks, Voice.

This idea is actually exciting me now. I need to be excited. I've got to find a way to overcome my natural negativity and sense of futility of all(!) human endeavour - and this might be it.

'Yippee!'

Er ... yeah.

The plan has got to make up for no music no more no blog no more and no home no more but a life of beaches and cliffs where only the dolphins may read.

Otherwise, what is the point? Tell me! I ain't the sort of guy who stays alive out of habit. I need a bloody good reason, and, unfortunately, society does not offer anyone any good reasons at all - unless you happen to be a brainwashed individual, which I most certainly am not.

Listen ...

Think of the Krishna guy! He just said to himself: "I'm having it large." I'm convinced those were his exact words.

'They were!'

So ...

What are you doing, kooks? Think on, and ...

COME ON - !!!

Yeah?

Nice one.

Laters.