Wednesday 17 April 2024

Poetry, poetry, poetry, oooh!

And, uh ... Cornwall.

Yeah! Why not? It's the last post of the week.

Anyway ...

Yeah, I'll have a go at that rough draft for the VERY BIG POEM ... tomorrow and Friday. No 3-hour sessions. I'll just go for it, morning to night, you dig? When I'm not doing other stuff, like blog-related stuff, obviously. Or washing my hair.

Anyway, I been thinking ... what was the last poem written that your average person in the street knows about and can maybe quote from? I say it's got to be This Be The Verse, written by Philip Larkin in, uh ... 1971. 1971. 1971.

Never mind, eh?

Oh, I've still only got seven poems, kooks. Been scrapping a lot, you see.

Now, if you put a poem online, you can't send it to a magazine or put it in a competition, BUT(!) ... I think you can still put it in a volume one day. Yes, I'm sure you can.

Anyway, here's my most minor of the seven ...


Gone

It's not easy to be GONE(!)
From the world
While you're still alive,
It takes great courage:
You need
To lose
Your fear
Of 
Death.
Are you man enough?
Are you woman enough?
Are you mad soul enough?
(Who am I talking to?)
Don't laugh.

It's no laughing matter
Staring into a mirror
And finding
Nothing
There.


Yeah, it's just a little thing. I actually wrote it in my head while eating a cheese sandwich, believe it or not.

In sixth place, I would put On the Island ... and if you watch that CJ Explores St Ives video on YouTube, you will see Charlotte lying on the grass on the island. Ha! Great minds think alike! No hot tornado though.

And if you watch their Looe and Polperro video ... you will see Charlotte sitting on that bench I told you about. Great minds, etc, etc.

Anyway ...

Wish me luck with my rough draft.

'Good luck, Mikey!'

Thanks, Voice.

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS