Wednesday 3 April 2019

Eddie sent more of it - to me, of all people!

Yeah, yeah, you know, Eddie. 'Eddie?!' Yes, you know. Eddie from Refinitiv. 'Oh, him.' Yes.

GLOBAL DEBT CAPITAL MARKETS ACTIVITY FALLS 4%

Overall global debt capital markets activity totalled US$1.8 trillion during the first quarter of 2019, a 4% decrease compared to the first quarter of 2018 and the slowest opening period for global debt capital markets activity since 2015. First quarter issuance increased 48% compared to the fourth quarter of 2018, which was the slowest three-month period for global debt since the second quarter of 2012.


Well, well ... / I'm not sure what to make of it. I, uh ... 'The readers know, boss. Don't worry about it. They understand all this sort of stuff.' Oh, I hope you're right, Voice.

GLOBAL EQUITY CAPITAL MARKETS ACTIVITY HITS THREE-YEAR LOW

Equity capital markets activity totalled US$123.0 billion during the first quarter of 2019, a 41% decline compared to a year ago and the slowest first quarter for global equity capital markets activity since 2016. By number of issues, 903 ECM offerings were brought to market during the first quarter a 35% decrease compared to the first quarter of 2018. Compared to the fourth quarter of last year, first quarter 2019 ECM volume fell 7%, marking the fourth consecutive quarterly decline, by proceeds and number of issues.


And that's it, for now. However, Eddie says I should contact him if I require any additional insights. 'Are you going to contact him, boss?' No, no. I think I'm all right, actually. Let me get to grips with these insights.

...

Or maybe I should write about music. I'm on safer ground with music.

Oh, I'm still rehearsing, for my sins. It's no big deal. I'll be ready when I'm ready.

Or maybe I won't be ready ...

Maybe I'll go to Cornwall and jump into the sea like Bodhi. 'Don't do it, Mikey - !!!' Well, it's very tempting, Voice. He lives for all eternity now, in the sea.

With no career ... that no one will remember anyway BECAUSE everyone forgets and dies.

With no drama.

With no heartache.

With no fears.

With no desires.

No bills to pay.

No one to please.

No one to be judged by.

Total freedom, dear reader(s)! And if God exists, He won't judge ... you just merge. Oneness. Don't worry about hell. Uh, because hell is for ... 'Heroes, boss?' No, squares.

I don't know.

My songs? Listen! I need those twenty-five world-beaters. I'm a fifth of the way there. Now, don't ask me why I "need" them. Yes, I know it's irrational. But look at it this way: I'm working towards a position* in life that no other human being can give to me, or take away from me. You dig? And it's a position no other human being will ever reach because I'm fucking rare, like Julius Caesar and Elon Musk. That's basically three guys** in two thousand years. [And a word to the wise: Don't fuck with us.]

Laters.


*My music combined with the eventual Kafka/Beckett status of the writing in this blog. [No, I'm not going to become the greatest literary writer ever.]

**I must admit that I've got a soft spot for Joan of Arc.