Thursday 4 April 2019

Two trillion galaxies

It's night.

I feel better in the night. Not much. Just a little bit. But sometimes a little bit makes all the difference.

Yes, I've got Eno's Apollo on.

I'm thinking of the two trillion galaxies. How many people are there on earth? Seven or eight billion? There are more galaxies, man.

Some of these galaxies are small. Some are big. But even the smallest ones are big enough. There's a lot of room in the universe. We can spread out a bit - with our minds.

Unfortunately, most people concentrate on what's here. The TV, current affairs, their job, their family and friends.

If you think about that small stuff all the time, you're going to get the wrong idea about life. You're also going to get attached.

What the fuck do you think guys like Jesus and Buddha were doing?! Do you think they came here for their fucking health?!

Well, don't worry about it, dear reader(s). Maybe you're asleep at this hour. [Any hour.] So, stay asleep! I actually envy you.

...

Don't get upset.

You can live any way you want. I'd rather not witness it, but ... any way you want, you dig?

What do you believe?

Listen. I don't care what you believe, but I'll give you a hot tip: If your actions are not in line with your beliefs, they are not your beliefs.

I meet all kinds of characters who tell me about their "philosophy" ...

I watch them. I see how they live. I notice how committed they are to their careers.

Then I know they're full of shit.

I hope you're better than that. I mean, you're reading this.

...

I can just about get the enthusiasm together to put my energy into activities that will survive my death.

My blog. My music.

And I'm saying ... just about.

Yes, even the things I've got passion for are a massive struggle. Why?

Two trillion galaxies, my friend(s). Wake up - !!!

Two trillion. Live like you really know it.