Tuesday 30 April 2019

Quant stuff, apparently

Okay, okay. / Listen, dear reader(s)! I can't say I'm in the mood for it, all this quant stuff, but - 'Quant stuff? When are you ever in the mood, boss?' Yeah, yeah. But it's a PR email, and I've got to do my duty. Someone took the trouble of writing this thing, and - 'And you’re too lazy to go looking for news.' Shut up, Voice! Please! It's too early in the morning for your crap.

Anyway ...

Quant Insight, a London based firm specializing in macro analytics, have expanded their data offering in the form of an API. The existing marketplace, and in particular, the traditional bottom-up equity investment sector and investment committees can now easily access Quant Insight's robust quant data to establish whether their single stocks or portfolios are being impacted by macro or micro factors. Identifying portfolio and stock vulnerabilities, characteristics and sensitivities, stress test multiple macro factors, and finding their own insights are they key uses of the data.

Uh. Right. No endorsement, obviously, kook(s). I mean, I don't know if this sort of thing is of any use to anyone reading. Personally, I'm looking out of the window. I'm thinking, well, the sun is shining, it's a lovely day, and - 'Are you going out after lunch, boss?' No, Voice, I'm not. I've got a full day of blogging, sadly. I need to write the second conceptual of the week, No. 704. 'Ha, ha, ha!' What?! 'Why do you need to write it, man?' I just do. 'Why?!' FFS! Because it's an urge that I get in my soul, you dig? 'Oh.' If I don't get two fixes a week, I'm a mess.

Anyway ...

"A clear message from our clients over the last 2 years was that they wanted easy access to the underlying Qi datasets and signals. This would enable them to integrate Qi into their workflow and processes across investing, risk management, stock screening, trade selection and more. It is therefore a big step forward that our cloud based, industry standard Rest API is now available. This also opens up whole new client segments (e.g. systematic funds) and potential partnerships for Qi," said Mahmood Noorani, CEO & Founder of Quant Insight.

Bloody hell! There are some funny people about! Why did Mahmood's clients want easy access to the underlying Qi datasets and signals?! 'Sick!' Ha! Well, I'm not saying it's sick, Voice. I wouldn't go that far. However, it is damn strange when you consider all the options that people have in life. 'What do you mean?' I mean, they don't have to get mixed up in this quant nonsense at all. They could become ... they could do, uh, anything with their lives. 'Yeah.' Life is too short for quant stuff. Seriously!

Oh, let's just finish with this -

Quant Insight is a London based quant analytics firm that brings together leading academics with backgrounds from Cambridge, Harvard and Princeton with investment expertise from former PMs at BlueCrest, Brevan, Fidelity and Millennium. Together, they have built a rigorous framework to help quantify the impact of macro factors on asset prices (even down to single stocks), to optimize trade selection and build thematic portfolios, and to identify market regime changes and spot opportunities.

Okay, okay. Whatever!

ENDS

...

Anything else? Guitar stuff? Well ... I've put the Tusq saddle back on to my acoustic guitar. I mean, it's all right. I was just shocked by the new tone after lowering the action. But it's really all right. The good thing is, the action is as low as an electric guitar's action now. This means it's much easier to play. Most professionals don't just buy a guitar from a shop and start playing, you know. They get the guitar set up properly by an expert. Well, I've managed to do it myself, and I'm very pleased with it. 'At last!' Yes, yes, I've lowered the action before, but it wasn't low enough then. 'Oh.' Now it is low enough. All right, dear reader(s)? Good! I'm glad we've dealt with the matter, and cleared up any confusion. People, other guitarists, might be reading this and thinking: "What the fuck is he doing to his guitar?!?!" Christ! Man, it's all sorted. Relax! Really. YES!!!

Laters.