Tuesday 16 April 2019

Quilam Capital and NatWest

What the hell is going on?! ... you may be screaming to yourself, dear reader(s), because you're such a drama queen(s). 'Ha! You know them so well, boss.' Yes, I do, Voice.

Well, you can just calm down a bit, son. Daughter. I received a PR email yesterday which explains everything. [?]

Look - !!!

Quilam Capital, which provides both debt and equity solutions to companies in the speciality finance sector, has secured a multi-million-pound leverage facility from NatWest, which will be used to fund new and existing balance sheet investments.

Great! Now, let's talk about music. 'Boss!' Oh, all right. Christ.

Quilam was founded by Kieran McSweeney and Marc Sefton in late 2017 and the duo has developed a unique advisory approach which capitalizes on the team's wealth of industry experience and insight to help businesses develop and grow over the medium to long-term. The firm will support management teams on all aspects of their business, from operations and risk through to strategic direction, funding and development.

Well, that's history. What's happening with NatWest? This facility business ... / Let's hear from the guys!

Commenting on the Facility, Kieran McSweeney, Co-Founder and Partner of Quilam, says: "The first eighteen months of the Quilam journey have proven very successful, and with a pipeline of strong investment opportunities the transaction and support of NatWest is very timely."

And, uh ... Marc?

Marc Sefton, Co-Founder and Partner of Quilam, says: "The NatWest team are market leaders in the banking market for speciality finance and having their support as we grow the business is a notable landmark for us."

Well, okay. Doesn't really explain much. Let's see if we can get some sense out of Rob. 'Rob?! Rob who?!' Jesus H. - !!! Rob, Voice! Our Rob! Rob Lamont from NatWest. 'Oh, him.' Yeah.

Rob Lamont, Director of NatWest's Structured Finance team, says "It is fantastic to be able to support Quilam as they continue to grow and develop their investment portfolio. They bring substantial support to the businesses they back, helping to develop the UK Speciality Finance marketplace".

Right. / Matt?

Matt Glew, Relationship Director of NatWest's Large Corporate & Institutions business, adds "We are delighted to have closed this new facility with Quilam, who have already proven their ability to source and invest in some exciting companies in the speciality finance space. We are very much looking forward to developing what I am sure will prove to be a key strategic relationship with Kieran and Marc."

Okay, okay. It's pretty obvious what is going on here. It's "fantastic", and various characters are "delighted", maybe even "thrilled", but ... there's no real detail. 'Boss, you're being unfair.' Why? 'There's not much they can say, is there? Quilam has got a facility from NatWest, and that's it.' Yeah, I suppose. But ... I don't know, Voice. I just don't know.

ENDS

...

So, what should I write about next, to finish with, like? 'Music!'

Oh, I'll tell you one thing, dear reader(s). I'm still listening to the Vance/Musk audiobook on a loop. I've got it on at this moment!!! And I've just heard the bit about Tesla having one hundred employees. This was in 2006. Thirteen years ago! One hundred employees! This is why the people who criticize Tesla and Elon Musk are so fucking stupid. Tesla employs 45,000 people now[2018], and its market cap is $46 billion. / Get a grip, slags!

But don't get it twisted! I'm not in love with Elon. And I don't want to be Elon. I just want his methods, attitudes, and behaviour to be ... a part of my own soul. That's all. For the sake of my music.

And my music? Well, I'm still rehearsing, kook(s). Deal with it! I can't have world-class songs with mediocre performance, you dig? I need to get better, and I will!

Laters!