Monday 10 August 2020

Printed battery cells?!

Does our Elon know about this?

BAAR, Switzerland - (August 06, 2020) - Blackstone Resources AG is pleased to announce that it has achieved a series of important milestones for producing any kind of printed battery cells.

Yeah, it's a PR email. The only one I've got at the moment. 'He didn't like the others.' I didn't like the others.

Anyway ...

The company has been investing in the next generation of battery technology through its German subsidiary Blackstone Technology GmbH. This includes patented 3D-printing techniques and research into the mass production of solid-state batteries: these can offer greater energy density and a higher number of charging cycles.

Does our Elon know about this?

The battery factories being built today have a weakness - their battery cell production lines only produce one battery cell form factor. These assembly systems are very special and expensive. The manufacturing process of the electrodes is energy-intensive and dangerous solvents are used.

Does our Elon know about this?

What Blackstone offers is a much more flexible and cost-effective production technology based on printing batteries. It covers a wide range of cell formats using different cathode and anode chemicals. Consequently, every second a finished battery cell could be made in an automotive format and leave the production line.

Does our Elon know about this?

Furthermore, this printing technology represents the cornerstone for the future production of all solid-state batteries. We see tremendous potential for printing complete battery modules and battery systems. This will further reduce production costs considerably.

Does our Elon know about this?

In close cooperation with Europe's research community, the technology is being continuously refined and developments are being made for mass production. This creates unique know-how, which will in turn be implemented across our own battery-cell products.

'Boss, does our Elon know about this?'

Okay, okay. Let's hear from Holger ...

Holger Gritzka, CEO of Blackstone Technology GmbH says: "The short-term goal is to establish series production and thus prove the suitability for mass production. The planning of a first production plant has already begun. The printing of solid-state battery cells is also being tested in parallel. In the medium term, Blackstone Technology will print complete battery cells, including housings, at extremely high speed."

Does our Elon know about this?

ENDS

...

Anything else? Music? You want me to talk about music on a finance blog?! Well, okay. It's your funeral.

So ... I'm going to put that new tune from last week on ice for a while. I've decided it's not good enough to be one of my BIG TEN, and I'm only interested in writing my BIG TEN at the moment. You dig?

I still need the lyric for We'll Show Them Them Heaven. There's no rush. I mean, it's going to be on the second album.

I need two more songs. Two of the greatest songs ever written. That's not as easy as it sounds. Ha!

I want them this year. They will also go on the second album.

Oh, it's all psychological, man. If I can match that Beatles BIG TEN as a single songwriter, it will change everything. It will change me.

Of course, I've been doing the hypnosis for seven weeks now. I'm already a changed man, man. I mean, I've only had two days where I've lost control of my moods.

Thought of the day: If you can conquer yourself, you can conquer the world.

Laters!