Monday 17 August 2020

Spoko

Or ... SPOKO - !!! I think they prefer ... SPOKO - !!! ... actually, yes. 'What are you going on about, boss?' Spoko. 'Yes. What is it?' A new money transfer thing.

Yes, dear reader(s), it's a PR email. The only one I've got because every lazy bastard in the world is on holiday at the moment. Except me, of course. [And Ranbir.] I'm a glutton for punishment.

Anyway ...

London/Warsaw, 13 August 2020. SPOKO, an app which offers instant international money transfers, is entering the UK market by targeting South Asian migrant workers looking to move money without the need for bank accounts and costly transfer payments, while also seeking partners to integrate its white label API service.

Okay, okay. No endorsement, obviously. I mean, I don't know anything about transferring money. It's not my area. / Although I was thinking of setting up such a service a few years ago - on the astral plane, like. 'And how would that have worked, boss?' Well, Voice ... people would have given me their money, and I would have put it on the astral plane. 'Oh, okay.' And then ... they probably wouldn't have seen it again. 'Because, uh ... the money would have gone to their relatives back home, I suppose?' Not necessarily. 'What do you mean, not necessarily?!' Come on. You know what the astral plane is like, man. 'Yeah, right.' Ha!

Anyway ... oh, there's a lot of this email, but I'm going to go straight to the voices. 'Nice one!' Yeah.

All right. Evgeny?

Evgeny Chamtonau, CEO of the fintech start-up, explains the company's business model: "We have a great understanding of our users' expectations, their habits, and which form of money transfer is most convenient for their needs. From the very beginning in 2019, we focused on local markets. We started by developing a service for Ukrainians working in Poland, under the PayUkraine brand, and recently passed the 120,000 user milestone. 

"In the UK, we want to attract immigrants from India and Pakistan who usually send money from their bank account to be received in cash via various Points of Sale. We do not insist that our UK customers necessarily associate their money transfers with our brand SPOKO. The most important thing for us is that they use it!" 

All right! / And ... Aliaksandr?

SPOKO co-founder Aliaksandr Horlach observes that greater cooperation with various banking and fintech institutions became possible whilst working from home during the lockdown period as banks froze pre-existing projects. "We provided readymade solutions," contends Horlach, "It was a very active time for us."

Okay, okay. Thank you, guys!

'He doesn't say a lot, does he, boss?' Who?! 'Aliaksandr.' Some people are like that, Voice. Leave him alone.

ENDS

...

Anything else? Music? My new song ... I love You ... ? Well, I reckon it might turn out to be my best song. It's only three minutes long. It's a simple tune, and it will have a very simple lyric. BUT(!) ... it's inspired, you dig?

It doesn't matter how long or complex a song is. I mean, I've never been able to stand Bohemian Rhapsody. To me, it's not an inspired song. It sounds like it was bolted together like Frankenstein's monster. Do you know what I mean?

This will still be the demo -

This World Don't Mean a Thing
Nothing
And Rain Came Down
Stella

However, if for some bizarre reason those songs don't get me a recording deal, I might add I Love You ... as the nuclear option, like.

It's definitely my best songwriting experience, man. I already had the chords, but I got the melody, rhythm, structure, title, concept, and maybe a quarter of the lyric (from the dummy) in the space of three or four minutes.

Later(s), kook(s)!

Keep on crooning in the free world!