Wednesday 19 August 2020

The music business

I've been watching some videos on YouTube about how hard it is for artists to earn a decent living in the music business these days. It's tough, kook(s). Basically, if you're not Ed Sheeran or Beyonce, you'll be better off working in a supermarket.

So, I'm thinking ...

Firstly ... after I've got my BIG TEN ... I'm going to keep pushing hard. Yeah, I'm just going to write as many great songs as I can. Hopefully, more like Stella and, and ... And Rain Came Down

Secondly ... I'm going to need all three major labels to take an interest in signing me, so I can get a good deal.

I might(?!) go with this as the demo -

This World Don't Mean a Thing
Nothing
And Rain Came Down
Stella
I Love You

For, uh ... MAXIMUM IMPACT, like.

Five really great songs, most of my best ones, BUT(!) ... I'll have to throw all caution to the wind, man. I want to take the music business by surprise. I want the executives as shocked as I was last week when I was staring into space with my mouth open like that character from Gogol's Dead Souls. Do you know what I mean?

It's the only way.

...

Anything else? Well, not really. This is the last post of the week.

Oh, uh ...

I've been invited to this -

Invitation to presentation of Sectra's three-month interim report on September 4.

Linkoping, Sweden - August 19, 2020 - The international medical imaging IT and cybersecurity company Sectra will publish its three-month interim report for the 2020/2021 fiscal year on September 4, 2020. Sectra invites analysts, investors, and the media to attend a teleconference/audiocast in conjunction with the publication of the report. 

Publication of three-month interim report: 8:15 a.m. CEST, September 4, 2020. Presentation: 10:00 a.m. CEST, September 4, 2020.

They keep inviting me!

Never mind, eh?

Laters!