Tuesday 25 August 2020

Refinitiv: Lipper European fund flows report - July 2020

Well, it's time again for, uh ... the monthly European fund flows report from the Lipper team at Refinitiv. 'Yippee!' Yeah, it's brilliant, isn't it, Voice? I love these PR emails.

Anyway ...

Long-term mutual funds posted net inflows for July 2020.
The overall fund flows for mutual funds in Europe in July amounted to estimated net inflows of €111.2 bn.
Money market funds (+€69.0 bn) were the best-selling individual asset type overall for July.
Equity Global (+€8.5 bn) was once again the best-selling sector among long-term funds for July.
I Love You.
Ireland (+€40.8 bn) was the fund domicile with the highest net inflows, followed by France (+€33.6 bn) and Luxembourg (+€28.9 bn).
Amundi was the best-selling fund promoter for July overall, with net sales of €16.3 bn, ahead of BlackRock (+€12.5 bn) and JP Morgan (+€11.8 bn).
The 10 best-selling long-term funds gathered at the share class level net inflows of €8.7 bn for July.
Aviva Investors Global Sovereign Bond Zh GBP (+$1.6 bn) was the best-selling individual long-term fund share class for July.

Fair enough. I mean, I don't have any complaints. 'Why would you, boss?' Well, I wouldn't.

And notice Aviva Investors, dear reader(s). 'Whatever happened to those guys?!' Ha! Nothing. Nothing at all.

Anyway, our Detlef wants to say a few words. You know what he's like. He'll get upset if I don't let him speak.

Detlef Glow, Lipper Head of EMEA Research at Refinitiv, comments: "European investors bought further back into mutual funds and ETFs in July. Since the global equity markets stabilized further, investors returned to long-term mutual funds because they expect the massive stimulus packages from central banks and governments globally to keep interest rates low and to foster global economic growth after the lockdowns caused by the outbreak of The Thing are lifted in more countries around the globe.

"As a result, long-term mutual funds posted overall net inflows for the month. Bond funds (+€24.2 bn) were the best-selling long-term asset type for July, followed by equity funds (+€14.4 bn), mixed-assets funds (+€4.9 bn), and commodities funds (+€2.0 bn). On the other hand, real estate funds (-€0.1 bn), 'other' funds (-€0.7 bn), and alternative UCITS funds (-2.6 bn) were facing estimated net outflows.

"These fund flows added up to overall estimated net inflows of €42.2 bn into long-term investment funds for July. ETFs contributed inflows of €13.2 bn to these flows."

Okay. Thanks, Detlef!

ENDS

...

Anything else? Time and energy. I need more time and energy. 'Don't we all, Mikey?' Shut up, Voice. You're not ambitious like me. You're just a waster. 'Oh, thanks. That's lovely, that is.' Shut up, idiot!

Yes. Time and energy. I got up at four this morning. I mean, I woke up, so I got up. But maybe I won't have much energy now.

Do I really need more songs at the moment? I've got twelve for the Citizen Kane of albums, man.

Any record company that signs me will have to understand how I work. / Most normal people wouldn't have scrapped that song last week. Could I rewrite it ... with a different lyric? I don't know. I don't want slow ballads. You know what I want, kook(s).

Anyway, this is what I'm rehearsing ...

This World Don't Mean a Thing
Nothing
Good Times
And Rain Came Down
Stella

This is definitely the best combination for a demo. Probably my two best songs, oh, masterpieces! ... followed by the "fun" of Good Times, and then the surprise of two songs that could be massive hits ... 

In any era, actually. Like the Eighties! ...


Later(s), crocodile(s)!