Sunday 30 August 2020

Sunday thoughts

Yeah, yeah.

Music?

Listen! My new song is definitely going to be a rock song, rather than a pop song. If I can finish the lyric soon ... it will be tempting to put it on the demo, like this -

This World Don't Mean a Thing
Nothing
And Rain Came Down
Stella
"New Song"

I've been rehearsing it - with a dummy lyric - after And Rain Came Down and Stella, and they sound really good together.

When it's recorded in a studio one day, I reckon it will need women backing singers. Preferably black women. 'Why black women, boss?' Oh, hello, Voice. It's your day off. 'I know. But why black women?' Because they sound better. 'You're a racist!' Shut up, you bloody idiot!

Ignore him, dear reader(s). Actually, he's gone now. Back to the astral plane. The best place for him, if you ask me.

...

Okay, okay. Let me play some tunes ...

Gimme Shelter. The Rolling Stones. / Merry Clayton. This is what I'm talking about!

November Rain. Guns N' Roses. / Yes, I'm in a rock mood today. I'm going to buy some leather trousers. I'm going to play my Epiphone Les Paul outside a church. Sod it! I don't care what people think.

Rock and Roll. Led Zeppelin.

Columbia. Oasis.

I Wanna Be Your Dog. The Stooges.

Come On. The Verve.

...

Anything else? Hypnosis? Oh, I tell you, kook(s), it works better if you can manage to stay "conscious" while you're doing it, which I can now. I've been feeling great lately as a result. Yes, really positive! And I don't need those audiobooks no more. Paul McKenna is a genius!

Of course, I'd be very surprised if McKenna ever imagined that a total lunatic like me would be using one of his hypnosis things, but, uh ... never mind, eh? I have visions and everything! I must be a natural, man. I mean, I don't think hypnosis works for everyone.

...

What else? Well, there's absolute rubbish on TV today. I might watch one of the films on my phone later. Or I could rent a film. / Google Play and Amazon Prime Video can be very expensive though. They sometimes charge £3.50 just to rent. A lot of their pricing is nuts. One day you might be thinking of buying a film for £4, and then you come back the next day and the film costs £8 or something. Whatever!

...

Anything, anything ... else? Christ! There's nothing else. / I'll be back tomorrow with a conceptual. I'm going for a walk in the morning. After lunch, I'll, uh ... well, spin a-ROUND, I suppose. It's what I do best, ain't it?

Later(s), crocodile(s)!