Thursday 26 November 2020

Mark Brennan says ...

'I'm in heaven when you smile.' 

Ha! Not exactly, Voice, no.

Mark Brennan, Director and Head of Investments at Foresight Capital Management, says, "With £100bn of government spending on infrastructure now planned through to 2022, today's Spending Review represents a definitive commitment to substantial investment across social and economic infrastructure in the UK. Crucially, the Government remains firmly committed to the role of private capital, and the establishment of a UK Infrastructure Bank in 2021 could be a transformative catalyst for crowding-in private investment."

So, uh ...

'Today's spending review, boss?' It was the other day. A PR email. What was I doing yesterday? 'Playing your guitar?' Yes.

Yes, I wrote a new tune yesterday. A good one. There are a few problems with it. Oh, nothing major.

It's just ...

'What?!'

I'm very confused at the moment, you know ... with loads of fragments of tunes and lyrics in my head. I hate the chaos!

'Oh dear.'

BUT(!) ... it's like Yeats said about the foul rag-and-bone shop of the heart. 'Is it?!' Yes, Voice. Yes, it is.

Uh ...

That spending review? Man, I don't know. We're in massive debt. Businesses and lives have been destroyed.

Why?

It's a total mess.

And, listen! I'm glad that our Elon is the second richest man in the world with his Tesla and that, but where's the bloody rocket?!

I want to get away, son. I want to head for the stars! I hate it here on earth.

Ah, never mind.

...

Okay, okay. I've made some lyrical progress, a bit ... on that other new tune ... the "great" one, like.

I've got a title for it.

The song is going to be heavier and darker than Nothing.

If Nothing is Hamlet, then Life and Death will be King Lear.

...

Listen! I'm definitely taking songwriting to new heights, kook(s). I mean, I'm not interested in matching Dylan's general lyrical standard, BUT(!) ... in a few songs, I'll have more grandeur and power. Oh, just a few! And then there's the musical element with my melodies that are getting better all the time.

Like yesterday's new melody. I'm getting good stuff now without having to wait for dreams and blackouts - which can be very unreliable, by the way.

So, I should be happy ...

It's just the chaos, man.

But ... I think of Sharpe's Waterloo. All the smoke and bullets. Do you know what I mean?

I hope so.

Ha!

...

Anything else?

Christ! Let me have my lunch, my cheese sandwich.

I'll do another post later.

Yeah, I'm on my diet. I mean, strictly. The Rock Star Diet. Lunch and dinner only. NO SNACKS - !!!

Anyway ...

Laters!