Tuesday 24 November 2020

Rethink, rebuild, recover: a new vision for a better tomorrow

Ha, ha, ha!

Listen! I can't imagine that their vision is as good as mine. I mean, I have the ultimate vision for a better tomorrow.

'What's this, boss?' Uh ... it's a PR email, Voice, obviously. From Reuters. Not obviously from Reuters though because ... there are loads of people who think they can beat me in the vision game. 'Slags!' Basically, yes.

Michael,

After the extraordinary upheavals of 2020, it's vital to look ahead at opportunities for change and growth, as well as how to deal with the rifts and problems that our world and our societies face. No country, company or community can tackle the future alone.

Okay, okay. Well, I'm only an individual, and I'm doing it alone. So ... 'That's because you're a superman, man. You're stronger than the world.' Yes.

To build a better world, thinkers and doers must come together to share ideas, collaborate and act to rethink, rebuild and recover humankind. That's why we're proud to announce the launch of REUTERS NEXT: Jan 11-14, 2021, Virtual Forum.

Hang on a minute! I ain't coming together with no slags. Sorry. I'm a man apart. Aloof. 'Up on the mountaintop, just like Zarathustra - but with the style of Steve McQueen.' Yes, Voice. Thank you.

Get your complimentary pass to attend the most essential event of 2021!

No thanks.

Register Now.

I said ... NO - !!!

REUTERS NEXT will kick off 2021 by gathering a diverse and inspiring group of world leaders and forward thinkers to examine the most critical global issues from different perspectives; leading the conversation on how we can start to rethink the future.

Yeah, yeah. Who?

Our first wave of game-changing speakers includes:

Christine Lagarde, President, European Central Bank
Mike Wirth, Chief Executive Officer, Chevron
Sandeep Mathrani, Chief Executive Officer, WeWork
Kristin Peck, Chief Executive Officer, Zoetis
Darren Walker, President, Ford Foundation
Governor Reza Baqir, State Bank Pakistan
Sebastian Thrun, Founder, President & Executive Chairman, Udacity
Shan Weijian, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, PAG Group
Najwa Shihab, Newscaster & Anchor, Metro TV Indonesia

Ha! Do me a favour!

[By the way, dear reader(s), I had to add an "r" to the "office" ... to spell "officer", like. This is an email from Reuters.]

Get your complimentary pass to attend the most essential event of 2021!

This is getting old. No!

Join the conversation at REUTERS NEXT as we look ahead, together.

No.

Thanks,

The Reuters Next Team
Reuters Events

Whatever. Thanks for the email, anyway.

...

Anything else? Well ...

Is it Christmas yet? 'No.'

I mean, I know it's not Christmas yet, but I'm in the mood for it. Do you know what I mean, kook(s)?

I need a week off.

I need ... mince pies. But not too many. I'm on a diet.

I need Black Magic chocolates.

Never mind.

Laters.