Thursday 12 November 2020

Nurseries now

Whatever.

Yeah, yeah. I've just deleted loads of PR emails. I mean - 'Why, boss?!' They're not suitable, Voice.

All kinds of crazy stuff. Well, not crazy ... just boring.

And too many of them make unreasonable demands. 'Like what?' Like - "Show us what you've written about us." I mean ... 'Ha, ha, ha!' Exactly.

Actually, a decent email has just come through. I might save it for, uh ... Monday next week.

We're getting close to Christmas. There will probably be less emails.

Anyway ...

London, 10th November 2020 - La Maison Bleue is delighted to announce the acquisition of Sunhill Daycare Nurseries Group by its British subsidiary The Old Station Nursery Group, to reach more than 30 nurseries in the UK.

Bloody children! And what do they say, Voice? 'Never work with children or animals.' Yes.

La Maison Bleue is a key player in the nursery sector in Europe, #1 in Switzerland and #3 France & Luxembourg, with over 500 nurseries and estimated sales of €200m in 2020. With the acquisition of Sunhill Daycare by the Old Station Nursery and its 11 nurseries located in the South East of Great Britain, La Maison Bleue confirms its growing presence in the United Kingdom, and now counts more than 30 nurseries. The group plans to make further acquisitions in the UK to reach 40 nurseries, with the objective of becoming one of the four leaders in the British market by 2021.

Okay, okay. And what does Sylvain say? 'David Sylvian?!' Sylvain, idiot!

Sylvain Forestier, head of La Maison Bleue, says: "We are pleased to welcome the Sunhill Daycare nurseries in La Maison Bleue. With this new acquisition, we are pursuing our growth ambition and particularly in the United Kingdom, which is one of our strategic markets. This ambition reflects the excellent results of La Maison Bleue Group as well as the confidence placed in us by our clients. La Maison Bleue is pursuing its development and intends to strongly accelerate its external growth strategy to achieve its objective of 250 million euros in revenue by 2021."

Fair enough. If they want to work with children ... I won't stop them. / Oh, never work with New Romantics. Too soft.

Okay, okay. More ...

Established in 2002 by Sarah Steel and acquired by La Maison Bleue in 2019, The Old Station Nursery Group is cited as one of the largest nursery groups in the UK, with 21 nurseries, receiving over 1 500 children and sales of around £8m in 2020.

Created in 1991 by Geoff Chapman, Sunhill Daycare Nurseries Group offers care for children in its 11 nurseries located across the UK. Each of the Sunhill Daycare nurseries has a well-established and creditable reputation for providing support to families and quality care to their children. In 2020, sales amounted to £5m.

Right. And what does Sarah ... comment?

Sarah Steel, Managing Director of The Old Station Nursery Group, comments: "We are really pleased to welcome each of the nurseries within the Sunhill Group. As a group, we strive to continue to innovate ways in which we provide the highest standard of learning and care to all children."

Well, okay. It's her life.

...

Anything else? Music?

Image?

Okay, okay. Every pop star needs an image, kook(s). That manager in the film Yesterday says ... if you don't have an image, your lack of image becomes the image. And that's true.

I've been wondering for years what I'm going to do, how I'm going to be ... and I think I have the answer now.

Firstly, my image has to be suitable to my age. I'm not a kid.

[Regular readers will know I'm concerned about my age ... for a music career, like. That's why I'm pushing myself to become the greatest ever songwriter. It will make my age pretty much irrelevant. However, I still need a cool image.]

Secondly, the image needs to be in line with my true character.

Well, well, here's what I reckon ...

I'll be like Steve McQueen in Bullitt, or Lee Marvin in Point Blank. Those guys are about as cool as a "mature" man can be, man. Do you dig?

[It will be a good thing for my dealings with the music business, too. Anyone who rips me off will know I'll go after them ...]

I need to lose a bit more weight. I need sharper clothes.

Everything will be sorted - music, image - by early next year. And, hopefully, The Thing will be fading by then.

Let's stay positive!

Later(s), film fan(s)!